• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot access https://domain.com:8443 to login

abi

New Pleskian
I recently edited my domain's A-Records in order to point it to a specific IP and make accessible a website that I built, but since those changes took affect I can't connect to https://domain.com:8443 to login and manage settings. This is the error I get:

i get this error:

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.domain.com:8443.

Same happens with Chrome.
Does anybody know why is this happening and how can I solve the problem? Thanks a lot. :)

Last edited:
Hi abi,

there are quite a lot of reasons, why such an issue might happen. A service could have been stopped... a firewall rule could deny the access... your IP might be blocked... new configuration files should have generated, but were not generated yet... as you can see, there are plenty of causes. In order to get decent investigation help, consider to give users willing to help decent informations, please and try to include log, log - entries, or at least the domain - name, so that they have something to start to investigate.

Reactions: abi
Hi abi,

because there is an "ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT" when trying to reach your domain at port 8443, you should investigate, if the Plesk related services are running:

/etc/init.d/sw-engine status && /etc/init.d/sw-cp-server status && /etc/init.d/psa status

To restart the services, you could use:

/etc/init.d/sw-engine restart && /etc/init.d/sw-cp-server restart && /etc/init.d/psa restart

You could as well investigate your issue with the help of your log - files:

Plesk
  • Logs
    • Error log: /var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log and /var/log/sw-cp-server/sw-engine.log
    • Access log: /usr/local/psa/admin/logs/httpsd_access_log
    • Panel log: /usr/local/psa/admin/logs/panel.log

Hi UFHH01,

I'm trying to connect to server over SSH with PuTTY, do you know by any chance what is the Host Name that Is should insert? Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
Hi abi,

just use your server IP and port 22 to connect with your client. :)

I try to connect to server but I get the message: "Network Error: Connection timed out" :(

Hi abi,

your server provider normally provides an additional panel, where you might be able to reboot your server in case of a misconfiguration, which results in possible connection failures. Please consider to ask your server provider, if you don't find the mentioned panel, or the specific option to reboot your server.
If this reboot results in failures/issues/errors and therefore no services at all could be started, please consider to contact again your server provider, where experienced server administrators will help you with your issue.

Given that my server provider is Odin.com do you know if there is an additional panel where I could reboot the server?

Hi abi,

Given that my server provider is Odin.com ...

I doubt that... sorry abi....

My investigations point to your IP "95.129.40.249" and your domain "skiathosweb.com" - where the Plesk Control Panel is up and available.
Is this the very same server, where you are trying to host "www.skiathoslaluna.gr" ?

When the https://domain.com:8443 address was working, it would led me to Odin Plesk as shown here:

cpanel_DNS.png

My website is now on weebly and Plesk is used only as the DNS server for the domain.

I had similar problem, and using

/etc/init.d/sw-engine restart && /etc/init.d/sw-cp-server restart && /etc/init.d/psa restart

helped me to fix it. Thanks Admin.

Ihtsham

Hi abi,

your server provider normally provides an additional panel, where you might be able to reboot your server in case of a misconfiguration, which results in possible connection failures. Please consider to ask your server provider, if you don't find the mentioned panel, or the specific option to reboot your server.
If this reboot results in failures/issues/errors and therefore no services at all could be started, please consider to contact again your server provider, where experienced server administrators will help you with your issue.
Hi abi,

because there is an "ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT" when trying to reach your domain at port 8443, you should investigate, if the Plesk related services are running:

/etc/init.d/sw-engine status && /etc/init.d/sw-cp-server status && /etc/init.d/psa status

To restart the services, you could use:

You could as well investigate your issue with the help of your log - files:

Back