• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Cannot add any domains to Plesk (windows)

RosalbaS

New Pleskian
Hi;

I have a server with windows server 2008 r2 sp1 and i have Plesk control panel 11.5 installed on it. It was working fine up until today. i had like 3-4 domains added to the Panel and so far everything were good. until i tried to add a new Customer with hosting to the panel. unlucky for me i couldn't add any domains for the customer and i kept getting this error :

Code:
Contains non LDH characters In rdidna module Exception type: realdev.net.idna.IDNAException at realdev.net.idna.DnsIDNA.toASCII(String input, Boolean allowUnassigned, Boolean useSTD3ASCIIRules) at realdev.net.idna.DnsIDNA.toASCII(String input) at IISWebSite.getAsciiHostName(String host) at IISWebSite.get_bindings(IISWebSite* , list >* )

The domain that i am trying to add to the panel does not contain any special character. just a simple domain like domain.tld and nothing else.
Then i tried adding a new domain to the other subscriptions that were working fine previously and i found out that this can't be done either. no matter what the domain was, i kept getting the same error.
Then i noticed i have a Deactivated Domain. so i tried to activate that one and i got the same error there either.

I checked IIS configuration an i didn't find anything unusual with bindings. (I am not an expert on this, just seems to be fine)

I will be very thankful if you guys help me solve this problem ASAP.

Thanks

It may be caused by forged hostnames in IIS bindings for webmail(mewebmail) and sqladmin(default) websites. These sites are both created and managed by Plesk. They are providing webmail and SQL admin services for your websites.

The issue in that IIS Manager -> site_name -> Bindings, for some bindings there are custom host names like domain-name_old, with "_" sign that cannot be used in domain names. On SQLAdmin site, one binding container hostname in quotes ('').

There changes may be done in IIS manually. Plesk would not allow such configuration.

To fix the issue, you need to remove all forged bindings, and after that domain should be created successfully.

Thank you for your reply.
good for me that i solved the problem the same day i posted the thread. anyway you are right. the problem was about the binding of mailEnable (meWebmail). but still this is a little unclear to me. Previously and by default MeWebmail was set to run at port 80 and on MeWebmail.localhost. This setting was not suitable for me so i set it to run on a custom port on server's main IP and on any Host name. This worked perfectly but also it was the cause of my problem and i still don't know why. anyway i changed it to something different and now it's working fine. even though i had to let go of my desired setting but it worthed it :)

Back