• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot change mail account password

R

ramuva

Hello there,
I've just update to 9.2.1 and the first problem. Cannot change email passwords for users.
In plesk control panel I go to domain->mail accounts->account I want to change->preferences and enter a new password.
After I click "OK", there is no message at all (not sure if there was one before about successfully changed password), but when I doublecheck with mail_auth_view - I see that password was not changed.
(btw, is there a way to force encoded passwords, not plaintext ones)?

Anyone else can confirm this bug? Anyone has any suggestions?

Edit. As a side note - password changes via Horde webmail change password feature.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if it helped, but after some reading up, I've set a checkbox "Check the passwords for mailboxes in the dictionary" in mail server settings, clicked apply. Then removed a checkbox again.
Now I can change password (my guess for some reason password checking in dictionary was on and it silently refused to set a simple password after upgrade, even though there were no checkbox on this setting).

You can also run the mchk utility:

# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --help
Synopsis:
mchk [OPTION]
--without-spam - restore all settings except for SpamAssassin configuration
--with-spam - restore all settings
--spam-only - restore only SpamAssassin settings

Also, it sets proper ownership/permissions for all mailboxes (/var/qmail/mailnames/*).

Back