1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot change mail account password

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by ramuva, May 15, 2009.

1. ramuva

ramuva Guest

Hello there,
    I've just update to 9.2.1 and the first problem. Cannot change email passwords for users.
    In plesk control panel I go to domain->mail accounts->account I want to change->preferences and enter a new password.
    After I click "OK", there is no message at all (not sure if there was one before about successfully changed password), but when I doublecheck with mail_auth_view - I see that password was not changed.
    (btw, is there a way to force encoded passwords, not plaintext ones)?

Anyone else can confirm this bug? Anyone has any suggestions?

Edit. As a side note - password changes via Horde webmail change password feature.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2009
  2. ramuva

ramuva Guest

Not sure if it helped, but after some reading up, I've set a checkbox "Check the passwords for mailboxes in the dictionary" in mail server settings, clicked apply. Then removed a checkbox again.
    Now I can change password (my guess for some reason password checking in dictionary was on and it silently refused to set a simple password after upgrade, even though there were no checkbox on this setting).

3. Nataliya Zagr

Nataliya Zagr Regular Pleskian

87%
    You can also run the mchk utility:

# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --help
    Synopsis:
    mchk [OPTION]
    --without-spam - restore all settings except for SpamAssassin configuration
    --with-spam - restore all settings
    --spam-only - restore only SpamAssassin settings

Also, it sets proper ownership/permissions for all mailboxes (/var/qmail/mailnames/*).