• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Cannot connect to smtp server

Fabs87

New Pleskian
Hey,

I have problems with my mailserver. After upgrading to Onyx it seems that something is wrong with my mailserver. I tried to repair it with

# plesk repair mail

and

# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam

but nothing helped..

Any idea? I could not connect to my mail-account from Gmail, Outlook, Thunderbrid etc. Even sending mails from the build in webmail (roundcube) doesn't work. The error message says that it cannot connect to smtp server / smtp error - connection failed.

Any ideas?

Ok.. I'm using Qmail for SMTP. Here the log says

Mar 20 21:47:57 localhost dovecot: imap-login: Aborted login (no auth attempts in 0 secs): user=<>, rip=93.244.251.181, lip=134.119.26.203, session=<UGRppC9Lh9ld9Pu1>

Hi Fabs87,

pls. consider to switch to postfix/imap-courier ( and backwards to qmail/dovecot again, if you like this more ) with the commands ( as user "root" over SSH ):

Code:
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --install-component postfix
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --install-component courier

plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --install-component qmail
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --install-component dovecot

NO changes to your eMail-accounts itself will be made and you could as well try, if postfix works as expected. Pls. report back possible issues/errors/problems for further investigations.​

Back