• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot create (or migrate) domain

dalydesign

Basic Pleskian
Tried to migrate a domain and it failed.
So I have now tried to create the domain in plesk - but it has the same error...

Code:
[2015-11-19 23:07:49] ERR [panel] DSMail service already exists, but should not.  See Service_Mail::createMailService
[2015-11-19 23:07:55] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/mailmng-outgoing' '--add-sysuser' '--main-domain-name=mydomain.com' '--sysuser=myusername123'] with exit code [1] 
[2015-11-19 23:07:55] ERR [1] '/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/mailmng-outgoing' '--add-sysuser' '--main-domain-name=mydomain.com' '--sysuser=myusername123' failed with code 1.

stdout:

stderr:
ERROR:outgoing:sysusers.subscription_id may not be NULL

[2015-11-19 23:07:59] ERR [panel] mailmng-outgoing failed: ERROR:outgoing:sysusers.subscription_id may not be NULL

Any assistance would help as i've been spending a few weeks trying to migrate domains from Plesk 11 to 12.5 servers and most domains are having issues migrating.

When the domain has the above error, it has no hosting associated with it, I then have to delete the domain in plesk, however it seems its not deleting everything correctly.

So I login using SSH and I have to delete the user as it still exists:
Code:
# plesk DB

mysql > SELECT * FROM sys_users WHERE login="myusername123";

+----+---------------+--------------+------------+-----------+----------------------------------+------------+-------+
| id | serviceNodeId | login  | account_id | mapped_to | home  | shell  | quota |
+----+---------------+--------------+------------+-----------+----------------------------------+------------+-------+
| 49 |  1 | myusername123 |  222 |  NULL | /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com | /bin/false |  0 |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> DELETE FROM sys_users WHERE login="myusername123";
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.27 sec)

# userdel myusername123

Then I check for the hosting files to discover they are not deleted, so I delete them....

Code:
# rm -fr /var/www/vhosts/system/mydomain.com
# rm -fr /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com

Then I try to re-create the domain. ...the same issue happens again. ...so I delete it in plesk, then I have to manually delete the user & files again (as described above).

then its a viscious circle as I am now going round in circles and cannot find any threads that talk about 'sysusers.subscription_id may not be NULL' as this seems to be the problem at the moment.

@Paul_Daly

In the first post, you stated:
i've been spending a few weeks trying to migrate domains from Plesk 11 to 12.5 servers

If you are indeed migrating from version 11.x (bump!) to 12.5.30, then you should encounter many issues due to a different "business model".

In that (specific) case, it would be wise if you

- upgrade from version 11.x to version 12.0.18 (current stable release),
- make a clean install of Plesk 12.5.30 on the "other server" (since you are mentioning the term "migrating", I safely assumed that you are migrating between servers)
- optional: try to migrate from the server with Plesk 12.0.18 to the "other server" with version 12.5.30

Note that I use "optional", be aware of the fact that there is a chance that you will encounter issues when migrating from 12.0.18 to 12.5.30.

Hope the above helps...

Regards...

Thanks for the reply. I am able to migrate some domains. others are more troublesome.

The old server is running 11.5 (Centos 5.3) and the new server is 12.5.latest (Centos 6.7).

I do not want to risk upgrading the old server to 12.xx as we have a few important customers on the old server and cannot risk the downtime if something goes wrong with the old server. (previously been experiencing bizarre issues with the old server, hence the new purchase).

This is not a migration issue. Its a corrupt data issue with the plesk software. as I Have tried to manually create the domain to manually upload files/import databases/create email accounts, but the above error happens when I try to create the domain as Plesk is not deleting all data.

If I try to migrate a domain and it fails, I have to delete it off the destination server and it fails to remove all data associated with that domain/subscription. Which then results in me not being able to create a domain manually in plesk.

ISSUE RESOLVED

Domain creation and Migration now working correctly after running the following command...
Code:
# plesk repair db

Have to admit, 12.5 is much better than 11.5 with far superior tools and features. Just need to iron out some small glitches to have it running perfectly.

@Paul_Daly

Note that your "solution" (i.e. plesk repair db) will only resolve problems, related to database errors.

These database errors occur at two "levels":

1) when doing something on the new (12.5.30) server, given the presence of

- specific correct data: the process and/or action changing the (correct) data results in (a transformation to) incorrect data, OR
- specific incorrect data: the data is present and already flawed (for instance, a micro-update or a migration can cause this),

2) when transforming data from old database schema´s to new database schema´s, a situation that often occurs at upgrades and/or migration (i.e. an implicit upgrade).

In your case, data is compromised and the "solution" resolves the issue, in the sense that data is returned to a correct state.

However, that does not imply that you have a solution to the root cause of the problem, being: incorrect data and/or data structure, due to migration.

Be aware of the fact that the command "plesk repair db" will not result in a guarantee that all data will be returned to a correct state, it is a temporary (partial) fix.

In short, recheck the migration process, before concluding that it is not a migration issue.

Regards....

Thanks for the info trialotto

yes, the source of the problem is a migration issue, as various domains are migrating with various issues. Some domains that have failed (or completed with warnings), are listed in Plesk Domains (but listed as having 'no hosting'), so I'm deleting the domains to start again. However, due to the failure, when I delete the domain/subscription, they are leaving orphan records in the DB and are then preventing me from creating the domain manually (or migrating again).

So the 'solution' removes the orphan records and allow me to retry. but I agree, it does not fix the source of the migration issue, it just clears everything to allow me to restart again (fixed the problem described in my original post).

Likewise, I also needed to run 'plesk repair dns' as the migration left orphaned records that affected a dedicated IP address. ....just wanted to post my experience as it might help someone with similar issues.

just for info, the old server was upgraded from plesk 9 through to 11.5. so I do expect random issues from the various upgrades to cause migration issues (that's why I bought a new server, rather than upgrading the existing). It is the sake of diagnosing each migration (I'm migrating one domain at a time) and try to keep everything as clean as possible to eliminate errors.

Thanks.

@Paul_Daly,

In general, thanks for sharing the info.

In fact, the info (i.e. the solution of "plesk repair db" or some other usage of the new plesk repair tool) is valuable, in the sense that it highlights a valuable new function in 12.5.30.

From my perspective, I was emphasizing the migration issue, since that is really an issue, that should become "work in progress" for the Odin Team.

As far as I know, Odin Team is currently busy with the migration manager in Plesk 12.5.30, hopefully to resolve all issues in cross-version migrations.

Thanks again,

Regards

Back