• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot Delete Email Address

Josh12

Basic Pleskian
Steps to re-produce. I transferred an email address from one server running Plesk 12.0 to a server running Plesk 12.5 (both servers at the latest update)
Once transferred, I can not delete any email addresses that were transferred from the old server.

I have tried running /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk but that does not help the situation. Still the same error when clicking remove.

mail_responders_control failed:

Ideas on how to fix this?

Note that this error does not happen when I try to remove email addresses that were created on the 12.5 server, only emails transferred using the Migration Assistant.

Alright, using that I found out what was causing the issue. This is a possible bug with Plesk 12.5.
Code:
[root@web01 ~]# /usr/local/psa/bin/mail -r [email protected]

[2015-09-10 14:31:22] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/mail_responders_control' '--del-resp' '--mailname' '[email protected]'] with exit code [1] 

mail_responders_control failed:

It looks like an email with an alias cannot be deleted until the alias's have been deleted first. Can you guys look into fixing this?

personal comment:

I think that the behaviour is absolute correct, but I would suggest a description / notification over the Plesk Control Panel ( maybe as well with error - log - statement ), why the mail - account wasn't deleted, when active mail -aliases are configured with it.

The behavior of this function is not entirely correct. Here's what I came up with during testing.
Creating an email address on 12.5 with an alias, and then deleting it works without issue.

Transferring an email address with an alias using the Migration Assistant from 12.0 to 12.5 does not allow you to delete the email address after the fact. It fails with the following error taken from panel.log

Code:
stdout:

Error: boost::filesystem::directory_iterator::construct: No such file or directory: "/var/qmail/mailnames/tld.com/abuse/@attachments"

stderr:

[2015-09-10 13:28:27] ERR [panel] mail_responders_control failed: <br><a href='http://kb.odin.com/plesk-error/search?metaId=110cd917a49e341cabc0fe8f73594027&messageId=eb42c049841b8534e2a219b8271832dc&file=Agent.php&line=217&type=PleskUtilException&version=12.5.30&message=mail_responders_control+failed%3A' target='_blank'>Search for related Knowledge Base articles</a>

[2015-09-10 14:31:22] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/mail_responders_control' '--del-resp' '--mailname' '[email protected]'] with exit code [1] 

[2015-09-10 14:31:22] ERR [1] '/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/mail_responders_control' '--del-resp' '--mailname' '[email protected]' failed with code 1.

stdout:

Error: boost::filesystem::directory_iterator::construct: No such file or directory: "/var/qmail/mailnames/tld.com/abuse/@attachments"

I don't see why anyone would think it's correct to deny the ability to delete an email account just because it has an alias attached :/

I don't see why anyone would think it's correct to deny the ability to delete an email account just because it has an alias attached :/

well... I ( <= ) do. And yes, this is my own, personal opinion. My thoughts behind this opinion is, that I had former complaints in the past, where customers deleted mail-accounts and they did forget, that the additional alias got deleted as well - wondering that specific mails were not delivered any more. Unfortunately, there is no note, that there is an active alias - account, when you try to delete a mail-account. Issues as described could be avoided, when there would be one, which would make my own personal opinion obsolete, that I would state the above issue as a "correct behaviour" :) .

( I hope that I could make myself more clear with this statement and if you still have questions to my personal opinion, feel free to contact me per PN. :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yep, I see where you are coming from. Yeah I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have a warning popup indicating that particular aliases will be removed along with the account.

Hello,

Thank you for reporting the issue. I confirm that it's bug that you cannot remove mailbox after migration. It has ID PPP-17523 in out internal tracker. I hope it'll be fixed in nearest microupdates for Plesk 12.5

We have same problem:

[root@bin]# ./mail --remove [email protected]
[2015-12-02 10:45:46] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/mail_responders_control' '--del-resp' '--mailname' '[email protected]'] with exit code [1] <- tries to delete alias?
Error occured while sending feedback. HTTP code returned: 502
Error occured while sending feedback. HTTP code returned: 502

Please, keep us updated.
Thanks!

Back