• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Immediately logged out after creating email accounts

AUSER

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.57 Update #5
I'm using Plesk Obsidian 18.0.57 on Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS and trying to create email accounts for one of my domains I manage through Plesk.

Mail service is configured for the domain, and everything looks okay, but every time I create a new email address I'm immediately logged out of Plesk.

When I log back in I see the mail page for 1-2 seconds then get logged out again. If I'm able to click onto another area of the sidebar, I'm able to say logged in, but if I go back to the mail page I get logged out again.

Removing the new email address prevents the issue from recurring. I've tried various email addresses and the issue recurs reliably.

Has this happened to anyone else before? Or does anyone have a suggestion for resolving the issue?

Normally the "immediate logout" occurs after login, not after creating a mailbox, and it is caused by an IP address change on the client side. It can be fixed by a setting in "Tools & Settings" > "Security" > "Session Idle Time": Check "Allow IP address changes during a single session". I've not yet heard anywhere that this can be related to the creation of a mailbox, so maybe the advice helps, maybe not. It's at least a strange symptom in this case.

Back