• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot install/repair Horde Webmail.

Andrew_Pa

Regular Pleskian
Hello to everyone!

I have problem with horde. I can't install it.

I use both Add and Remove Product Components and SSH autoinstaller.

I also try remove Horde and add Roundcube but it didn't help...

I also use bootstrapper to repair any mistakes.

Inside repair.log there is the following error

START Bootstrapper 11.5.30 repair AT Fri Dec 6 17:31:21 EET 2013

**** Product repair started.

===> Checking for previous installation ... found.
Started bootstrapper repair procedure. This may take a while.
Certain actions may be skipped if not applicable.

Trying to start service mysqld... mysqld (pid 3122) is running...
done
Trying to establish test connection... connected
done
Trying to find psa database... version is 011005030
Version is OK, no need to create psa database.
Trying to backup MySQL database... Warning: Not dumping MySQL database 'atmail' as it doesn't exist
done
MySQL databases are dumped to /var/lib/psa/dumps/mysql.preupgrade.11.5.30-11.5.30.20131206-173122.dump.gz
Finishing up upgrade procedures and rerunning previously failed upgrade actions...
===> Cumulative Plesk database upgrade and repair (revertable stage) has been started.
===> Preparing Plesk database upgrade (revertable stage).
Trying to resolve hostname 'server1.enor.gr' and validate its IP address... done

httpsd: no process killed
Trying to reset database user password for 'pp_sb_db'@'localhost'... done
Trying to reset database user password for 'horde'@'localhost'... done
Trying to reset database user password for 'pma_2ao3N76tAn23'@'localhost'... done
Trying to set psa database version to 011005030... done
After end of upgrade for 'core' (stage 'prep') following actions are registered as failed: 20111115171314-upgrade_mysqlnd_old_passwd 20111115171314-upgrade_mysqlnd_old_passwd 20111115171314-upgrade_mysqlnd_old_passwd.
===> Plesk database was not upgraded completely. See installation log for details.
===> Cumulative Plesk upgrade and repair (final stage) has been started.
Upgrade or repair for 'core' (stage 'post') is not required
===> Preparing Plesk upgrade (final stage).
===> Cumulative upgrade and repair of Plesk (final stage) has been completed.
Trying to upgrade APS controller database... ===> Cumulative APS controller database (apsc) upgrade and repair has been started.
Upgrade or repair for 'apsc' (stage 'db') is not required
Trying to backup MySQL database... done
MySQL databases are dumped to /var/lib/psa/dumps/mysql.preupgrade.apsc.11.5.30-11.5.30.20131206-173133.dump.gz
===> Upgrade and repair of APS controller database has been completed.
done
Trying to upgrade and repair SpamAssassin service configuration... Upgrade or repair for 'spamassassin' (stage 'files') is not required
done
Trying to upgrade and repair Courier-IMAP services configuration (prep stage)... Upgrade or repair for 'courier_imap' (stage 'prep') is not required
done
Trying to upgrade and repair Courier-IMAP services configuration (post stage)... Upgrade or repair for 'courier_imap' (stage 'post') is not required
done
Trying to upgrade and repair Courier-IMAP services configuration (bootstrapper-post stage)... Upgrade or repair for 'courier_imap' (stage 'bootstrapper-post') is not required
done
Trying to condrestart service courier-imapd... done
Trying to condrestart service courier-imaps... done
Trying to condrestart service courier-pop3d... done
Trying to condrestart service courier-pop3s... done
Trying to upgrade and repair Roundcube webmail configuration... Upgrade or repair for 'roundcube' (stage 'files') is not required
done
Upgrade of Roundcube Web Based mail client configs and DB is not required - no previous version

Trying to upgrade and repair Horde webmail configuration...
ERROR while trying to act on PEAR packages - description directory is not specified or does not exist
Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/plesk_11.5.30_repair.log), fix and try again

Can't handle upgrader critical failure - upgrader state is broken. Probably a programming error.

===> Restoring database from backup /var/lib/psa/dumps/mysql.preupgrade.11.5.30-11.5.30.20131206-173122.dump.gz

**** Product repair failed.

***** problem report *****
ERROR while trying to act on PEAR packages - description directory is not specified or does not exist
Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/plesk_11.5.30_repair.log), fix and try again
STOP Bootstrapper 11.5.30 repair AT Fri Dec 6 17:32:03 EET 2013

Please can you help me fix it?

Thank you very much!

Did you completed all steps in the KB entry?
or only a few?

it seems, that a package or folder is missing ....

I did these steps :
1) # plesk installer --remove-component horde
2) # plesk db "drop database horde"
3) # plesk installer --select-release-current --install-component horde

When the step 3 finished the error I mentioned appears.

I cannot understand the problem...

Last edited:
you only posted the bootstrapper repair log, not the error message of the installation.
how did you installed roundcube?

try to run the autoinstaller please...

you only posted the bootstrapper repair log, not the error message of the installation.
how did you installed roundcube?

try to run the autoinstaller please...

Forget about roundcube. My mistake. Here is the installation log file

10 source files, building
ERROR: could not chdir to /usr/share/psa-pear/pear/temp/horde_lz4
upgrade ok: channel://pear.horde.org/nag-4.1.2
upgrade ok: channel://pear.horde.org/timeobjects-2.0.4

Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/plesk_11.5.30_installation.log), fix and try again

Updating 'horde' configuration status after a critical failure during upgrade stage 'files' on '20130531120641-imp_install_application' action

**** Product post-install for horde failed.

***** problem report *****
Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/plesk_11.5.30_installation.log), fix and try again
STOP Bootstrapper 11.5.30 post-install for horde AT Thu Dec 5 16:51:41 EET 2013
To complete product installation one should run bootstrapper script:
/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp11.5.30-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

Thank you very much for your time!

As an additional step between steps 2 and 3 try to make sure that:

1) following packages are not installed: psa-horde, psa-turba, psa-imp, psa-ingo, psa-mnemo, psa-kronolith, psa-passwd, psa-pear;

2) following directories are empty or don't exist (the latter is probably better):

- /etc/psa-webmail/horde/
- /usr/share/psa-pear/
- /usr/share/psa-horde/

Back