• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot Manage Domain Owner Interface

A

artm

Following my upgrade from 8.6 to 9.3 I am having major problems figuring out how to manage the "domain owner" interface. It's quite simple really (and worked fine with 8.6):

1) As "Administrator" I want to be able to login and see and manage ALL domain options.
2) I want to allow "domain owners" to login and see and manage only certain, specific options. For example, I do NOT want them to have the option to install applications from the app vault. (There are other restrictions, but I see this as as a key one. Not least because of the security issues it raises).

Either I'm going crazy - or this elementary capability has been lost in 9.3!

So for example, I have a domain using "default domain owner home page preset". So, yes, I can disable the buttons on the home page. But there's a darn link to "applications" visible to the domain user right there on the left hand side!

So then I think to myself "Maybe it's done by permissions in 9.3"? But, no, under "domain admin access" I don't see any option to disable installation of applications!

Please, please tell me I am missing something?

Last edited by a moderator:
It gets worse...

On upgrading, Plesk 9.3 decided it was going to suspend any domains that were over limits! So I quickly re-enabled those sites. What I didn't know is that Plesk 9.3 runs a nightly cron that re-suspends them!

So here's the thing. The only way I can see that I can re-enable a domain is to make the appropriate option visible in the "home page presets" menu. But I can't just do that for myself (administrator). Instead, so that I can see the option, I have to make it become visible for the domain owner as well! That's sheer madness! After all, what's the point of suspending a domain if the domain owner can simply login and re-activate his/her domain???

Either I am missing something here, or the "permission layers" of administrator/reseller/client/domain owner are a complete joke!

Back