• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: mty.

Shasam

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I have a problem updating via my Plesk interface 12/05/30.

I have the following message:

Error while downloading packages metainfo: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: mty. Please verify its path and try again. Trying again.

Do you have any idea where it comes from, because I have not found anything so far to resolve this error.

Thanking you in advance.

Best regards.

Hi Shasam,

please use the command:

yum update

.. and post the output of your command from your command line for further investigations and possible help from people willing to help you.

A known way to resolve possible issues with "yum" are the commands:

yum clean all
followed by another
yum update

To check issues/problems/failures, you can use as well "yum check"

Hi UFHHO1,

I've done these commands.
It does not work.

I still have the same error message in the Plesk interface :
Repository 'mty' is missing name in configuration, using id

Here errors in logs :

Failed to install plesk-php56-bcmath.x86_64:
Error while downloading packages metainfo: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: mty. Please verify its path and try again. Trying again.
Number of retries is exceeded.
RepoError: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: mty. Please verify its path and try again

Thank you for your help

JC

Hi Shasam,

pls. check your installed and enabled repo - list and correct misconfigurations:

yum repolist enabled

Hi,
here is the return of the order :

yum repolist enabled

Modules complémentaires chargés : presto

Il manque le nom du dépôt 'mty' dans la configuration, utilisation de l'identifiant

base | 3.7 kB 00:00

base/primary_db | 4.7 MB 00:00

extras | 3.4 kB 00:00

extras/primary_db | 37 kB 00:00

mysql-tools-community | 2.5 kB 00:00

mysql-tools-community/primary_db | 31 kB 00:00

mysql55-community | 2.5 kB 00:00

mysql55-community/primary_db | 139 kB 00:00

mysql56-community | 2.5 kB 00:00

mysql56-community/primary_db | 152 kB 00:00

plesk-php-5.6 | 2.9 kB 00:00

plesk-php-5.6/primary_db | 14 kB 00:00

updates | 3.4 kB 00:00

updates/primary_db | 1.4 MB 00:00

repolist: 0

Thank you for your help

JC

Hi Shasam,

Il manque le nom du dépôt 'mty' dans la configuration, utilisation de l'identifiant

I'm not good in french, but you have a repo with the name "mty" somewhere in your configuration, which is misconfigured. Pls. check as well "/etc/yum.repos.d/" and correct/modify/delete misconfigurations.
If you upgraded your system, pls. look as well for the file "/etc/yum.conf", which might have misconfiguration(s).

Hi,

I managed to solve the problem by copying the yum.repos.d an identical server folder.

Thank you for your help.

Yours.

JC

Back