• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot set Personal FTP Repository for backup in another Plesk Server

Stefano_Thiella

New Pleskian
Hi!

I have 2 identical servers: I'm trying to do backups from server1 to server2 and from server2 to server1.

In every server I setup a subscription just for storing backups.

If I configure Personal FTP Repository from server1 to server1 - the same server - it works (it gives a warning: backup on the same server is not safe).

If I try to configure Personal FTP Repository from server1 to server2 and vice versa, it gives me the following error:

Transport error: unable to list directory: Curl error: FTP: couldn't retrieve (RETR failed) the specified file

If I try to give a different password, it tells that the password is wrong: this means that server1 is able to connect to server2 and the ports are well configured (I hope).

If I connect in active mode from my PC with Filezilla to server1 or server2, same username and password, it works!

I'm not able to configure Personal FTP Repository and to backup to another server.

S.O.: CentOS 6.5 (Final)
Plesk: 12.0.18 Update #30

Where I'm wrong? Wrong ports?

Many thanks to everyone who can help me!

Attachments

• Cattura.JPG
    Cattura.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 5
Hi Igor,

I solved this problem yesterday evening: I created a new firewall rule in every server: accept every port connection (1000-65535) ONLY from the other server.

Now I want to select only the useful ports. Do you know which ports must be enabled?

Thanks for your interest

@stefano,

It is not desirable to open up all those ports in the firewall, for the sake of security.

Note that

a) it is not strictly necessary to open up ports on the sending server,

b) it is only necessary to open up some passive ports on the receiving (i.e. FTP server) when using TLS or SSL,

c) it is only necessary to open up the passive port range that has been defined in /etc/proftpd.conf or an appropriate config file in /etc/proftpd.d/

Kind regards...

Back