• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Cannot start Odin Premium Anti-Virus

Kroptokin

Regular Pleskian
On Plesk 12.5.3 on Centos 7.2

I have gone to Tools and Settings.... Services Managment..

Odin Premium Anti-Virus is not running. I click the green 'run' icon. I get this error message:

Error: Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by drwebmng: ('start', 'drweb'). Error: /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/drwebmng[11994]: Unable to start drweb antivirus daemon

I have checked the permissions on /var/drweb/run as per this post: http://forum.odin.com/threads/error-with-drweb-after-upgrade.98451/. That did not help.

There are two domains on this server.

Thank-you

- Make sure that the following files exist:

# ls -la /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/drwebmng
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 15 Oct 5 2015 /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/drwebmng -> ../sbin/wrapper
# ls -al /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/drwebmng
-rwxr-x--- 1 root root 61092 Aug 26 2015 /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/drwebmng

- check that 'localhost' can be pinged from the server command line with "ping localhost". The following line should exist in /etc/hosts:

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost

- Try to start/restart DrWeb from the command line, for example:

# /etc/init.d/drwebd restart

If it doesn't work, see /var/drweb/log/drwebd.log for detailed error description.

It is not running.

#/etc/init.d/drwebd start

produces:

Starting Dr.Web drwebd...
Dr.Web (R) daemon for Linux v6.0.2.4
Copyright (c) Igor Daniloff, 1992-2016
Doctor Web, Moscow, Russia
Support service: http://support.drweb.com
To purchase: http://buy.drweb.com
Key file: /opt/drweb/drweb32.key - Key file was not found! (No such file or directory)
A path to a valid license key file was not specified.

No log file at /var/drweb/log/

Hi Igor

I am not sure why you have sent me that link? It appears to be stating the issue about if you have more than 14 domains you need a license. As I mentioned in my original post there are two domains on this server. I don't see anything in that article which moves me forwards

Thanks again

It means that you should buy license for Premium AntiVirus.

However.

I was under the (quite strong) impression that a 'free' license was included with Plesk for up to 14 domains?

"Premium Antivirus is the default mail antivirus program shipped with Plesk. If an additional license key for Premium Antivirus is not added to the Plesk license key, only 14 mail accounts are protected" - from the link you sent me

So. I understand that as meaning that it supports up to 14 domains without adding any extra key.

However; as I say I have only two domains.

I'm afraid I have a sensation of going round in circles.

Does Plesk support anti-virus for less than 14 domains out of the box without any purchase of additional license key?

I am trying to support two domains and it doesn't work. You have directed me to an article which is about needing a license for 14 or more domains.

I have 6 mailboxes

6 mailboxes < 14 mailboxes === true

Therefore according to the link which you have sent me (twice) it should work.

However. It does not.

So. I have the following question:

In the case of less than 14 mailboxes where the Odin Premium Anti-Virus should just work (according to the link which you sent me) is it necessary to have the file: /opt/drweb/drweb32.key?

I am trying to establish if the problem is either:

a) This file (/opt/drweb/drweb32.key) is missing. It should have been provided by my ISP who provisioned the server or
b) In this case (less than 14 mailboxes) Odin Anti-Virus (aka. Dr Web) should not require a license file. Therefore the fact that it fails to start and complains about this file missing indicates that there is some other issue.

Right now we have simply clarified that the limit is 14 mailboxes not 14 domains. However my original question remains: I am unable to start Odin Premium Anti-Virus despite being within the license limit. According to the link which you have sent me:

"Plesk allows to enable spam protection for any mail account, but only for the first 14 mail accounts. This is the limitation of the free version of Premium Antivirus."

However I have just 6 mailboxes and cannot get "the free version of Premium Antivirus" to work. Is this an error or is it the case that there is in fact not a free version of Premium Anti-Virus?

I am hoping for an answer from Plesk.

Last edited:
In the end the following solution worked for me. This is a copy and paste from my ISP's advice:

This issue can be caused by wrong Dr. Web packages installed on the server.

So please disable it in the "/etc/yum.repos.d/drweb-yum-x86_64.repo" file by setting the value "enable" to 0.

# vi /etc/yum.repos.d/drweb-yum-x86_64.repo
[drweb]
name=DrWeb - stable
baseurl=http://officeshield.drweb.com/drweb/el5/stable/x86_64/
gpgcheck=1
enabled=0
gpgkey=file:///opt/drweb/doc/repo/drweb.key

After that please reinstall Dr.Web component via next commands:
# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-release-current --remove-component drweb
# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-release-current --install-component drweb

and the service should start automatically:
# service drwebd status

Note that after doing the above I was able to retsart drweb from the command line (# /etc/init.d/drwebd restart) but there were still issues restarting Odin Premium AntiVirus in the Services Management page (reached from Tools and Settings). It showed Odin AntiVirus running but pressing the restart button produced an error. However; drweb was still running and refreshing the Services Management page showed Odin AntiVirus running. So I've accepted that as a solution. But there is still some glitch here...

Based on my ISP's comment it would appear that the issue is running yum update installed a commercial version of drweb. The solution was to remove this and have Plesk install the one it wanted.

Hi! I'm using Plesk Onyx Version17.0.17 Update #19, but in Server-Wide Mail Settings after making changes and pressing OK at the end of the page to save..nothing happens..it is very weird. Also if I try to enable the SPF antispam all below fields remain grayed out...

Inspecting web page this is what I find in console errors: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: update_oC, onclick - mail: 1228

Please can someone help me out with this.. Thank alot. Ciao from Rome (Italy)

Last edited:
Back