• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Can't access plesk, timeout error

jojo

New Pleskian
Hi,
Im having a weird issue. I just created a new VPS server using Plesk webadmin, and I can't access the login page because it keeps timing out. This is a fresh install out of the box.

When I change my ip address using a VPN, plesk works and I can access the login page and everything.
Once I switch to my home ip address, everything times out.

I have another VPS with another provider, and I can access plesk from my home ip just fine.

What could be the cause? I contact the hosting provider and they said my ip is not blocked from their end.
I can access SSH just fine, and I can access the ip address of the server directly just fine, which displays the plesk info page.

Server is running ubuntu 18.04.

Edit: I was able to solve this by visiting the https version of the home page, accepting the certificate, then I was redirected to the login page. Without the above steps its impossible to connect the login page.

Last edited:
I have another VPS with another provider, and I can access plesk from my home ip just fine.

If everything is the same, but the provider changes, I would assume that the problem is related to your provider or your setup there!?

1. pls check if they have a firewall (happened to me) where I first had to open the ports for Plesk (TCP 8880, 8443, 8447)
  2. try to REPAIR your Plesk installation, maybe something is wrong there (LINK)
To be honest you provided very few infos to help you locating the problem.
We dont even know the exact Error.

Back