• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved can't access to plesk dashboard since permissions changed

Alexdb

New Pleskian
hi,
i made a big mistake.
I would like to clone my git repository in a domain on plesk, so, via SSH i made a git clone...
ok it works, then i saw a permission problem, user 0 et group 0 were affected to files and directory, so i launch this command:
in folder httpdocs:
chown –R 10003 :1003 /
YES with the "/" at the end, i don't know why i did that.

Since then i can't access to my website, neither to FTP and can't connect to the plesk dashboard: 502 bad gateway.
I tried to connect to my database with HeidiSQL bu i receive the message:
SHOW DATABASES;
/* Erreur SQL (1018) : Can't read dir of '.' (errno: 13)

Permission denied */
SELECT `SCHEMA_NAME` FROM `information_schema`.`SCHEMATA` ORDER BY `SCHEMA_NAME`;
/* Erreur SQL (1018) : Can't read dir of '.' (errno: 13)

Permission denied */

i NEED my database and i'm sure that's not a big deal, i just have to reinit permissions but i don't know Linux's commands.

Please help, how can i retore permissions. I found this but i'm afraid to launch this command:
/usr/local/psa/bin/repair --restore-vhosts-permission

or this
How to restore default permissions in the virtual host directory on Linux?

use the plesk repair tool, there are several ways you can do it for example

via cli:
  • # plesk repair all
  • # plesk repair fs
  • # plesk repair fs example.com

via Plesk panel:
  • Tools & Settings > Diagnose & Repair > Check all / Repair all
  • Tools & Settings > Diagnose & Repair > File System > Check / Repair
documentation:

Last edited:
  1. Go to Files, locate the file or directory for which you want to set access permissions, and click the arrow in the corresponding row.
  2. Click Change Permissions in the drop-down menu.
  3. Do the following:
    • To make the file or folder inherit permissions from a parent folder (if it does not), select the checkbox Allow inheritable permissions from the parent to propagate to this object and all child objects. Include these with entries explicitly defined here.
    • To make the files and folders, which are contained in this folder, inherit the folder permissions you define, select the checkbox Replace permission entries on all child objects with entries shown here that apply to child objects.
    • To change or remove permissions from a group or a user, click the required name in the Group or user names list. If the group or user is not listed in the Group or user names list, select the required user or group name from the menu located above the list and click the user/group appears in the list. Select it.

To allow or deny permissions to a selected group/user, select the Allow or Deny check boxes corresponding to permissions listed under Permissions for <user/group name>. If the checkboxes in the Allow or Deny columns are shown in grey, it means that the corresponding permissions are inherited from a parent folder.

• To deny the permissions, which are inherited from a parent object as allowed, select the required checkboxes under Deny. This will override inherited permissions for this file/folder.
    • To allow the permissions, which are inherited from a parent object as denied, clear the Allow inheritable permissions from the parent to propagate to this object and all child objects. Include these with entries explicitly defined here check box: this removes the inherited permissions. Then select the required checkboxes under Allow and Deny.
    • To remove access permissions from a group or user, select the required name in the Group or user names list and click the icon next to it. If you need advanced fine-tuning of permissions, click the Advanced button, and do the following:
      • To create a permission entry for a group or user, select the required name from the Group or user names list and click
      • To set or change file/folder permissions for a group or user, select the required name from the Group or user names list, select the required Allow and Deny checkboxes corresponding to permissions listed under Permissions for <user/group name>.
      • To remove a permission entry for a group or user, select the required name from the Group or user names list and click.
      • To make child objects of a folder inherit its permissions defined under Permissions for <user/group name>, select the Replace permission entries on all child objects with entries shown here that apply to child objects check box, and select checkboxes in the Apply to list which correspond to the objects that must inherit the permissions.
    1. Click OK.

Thanks a lot.
But i can't access to the Plesk Panel.
I partially restore my websites with the command :
plesk repair fs example.com

Now i have to repair the access to Plesk Panel.

Hi there, i solved my problem to trigger an update of plesk via ssh.

But i still a an issue. I'll create another thread for that.

Back