• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue Cant activate the plesk firewall

stefan.knaak

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
os_Ubuntu 20.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.61_build1800240528.05
Hello

I'm trying the whole day to activate the firewall, but I always get a
NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource.

via GUI

1717011766183.png

and
1717011792518.png

If I use

plesk ext firewall --enable

Two of my terminals got kicked out. But I could manually set these command to get back in the server
iptables -A INPUT -p icmp --icmp-type 8 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 443 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 8443 -j ACCEPT

So the firewall is doing its thing, but the plesk gui dont work.

What I tried so far:
- Plesk Firewall can not be enabled in Plesk 18.0.52 and newer: I did not receive connectivity confirmation after applying new firewall configuration - Support Cases from Plesk Knowledge Base

1717011896354.png

I also did this
panel.ini file with this instructions:
[ext-firewall]
confirmTimeout = 15 ; the timeout in seconds before the configuration is rolled back
confirmTimeoutCli = 60 ; the timeout in seconds for the --confirm CLI command

and
  1. Connect to the server via SSH.
  2. Edit the file /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/modules/firewall/rules and set DEFAULT_CONFIRM_INTERVAL to 30:
    # grep DEFAULT_CONFIRM_INTERVAL /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/modules/firewall/rules
    DEFAULT_CONFIRM_INTERVAL = 30

plesk repair all

I can't find anything in the logfiles, what the network error could be.

iptables:
1717012060939.png

network list
1717012107577.png

What I think is really strange is, that under the Tools & Resources\ip-address the docker bridges don't show up anymore if I start docker.
The Server was moved a year ago from one hoster with openstack to a new hoster with vmware (I think).

One more thing, the updater got stuck today.
I killed the process and run plesk repair installer. Since then, the GUI is showing

Plesk Obsidian v18.0.61_build1800240528.05 os_Ubuntu 20.04
but on the console it shows 18.0.61.4

1717012813862.png

Any Ideas?

It's hard to say for sure, but the symptoms you're experiencing when enabling the firewall look like "something" is blocking the connecting. Hence the first error in GUI and the fact you're being disconnected form your terminals.

Are you perhaps already running another Firewall utility? Like firewalld?

Hello and thanks for the response.
No firewalld is not running. Can ufw make problems?

1717069860970.png

Find attached a full services list.
What could be helpful, if I could see the reason why the GUI shows this network error. But I can't find anything in the normal log files.
Is there any way to debug this?

Attachments

• services.pdf
    107.7 KB · Views: 1
I am also having the same problem on my vps, very strange slow down today and unable to update some websites, firewall is turned off fo some reason also.
certainly feels like a firewall issue on the vps. Can anyone help with this, license bought through Fasthosts UK
Plesk Obsidian
Version 18.0.61 Update #4, last updated on May 30, 2024 01:19 AM

Back