• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't Backup

scottlpool2003

Basic Pleskian
Trying to migrate to a new server, can't backup the server or individual domains or even mail configuration/content due to this error:

Warning:server "server"
Cannot backup domain 'domain.com'[Data at the root level is invalid. Line 4, position 1.]

There's not much of a hint at what it could be, any ideas?

Thanks Dmitry, I wasn't sure where the backup log was. Here is the segment with the error:

Code:
[2015-09-23 09:56:46.716|13208] Debug: EndDomain
[2015-09-23 09:56:46.717|13208] Debug: Domain 'xxxxxxxx.co.uk' dump finished
[2015-09-23 09:56:46.718|13208] Warning: 2615a312-eb55-405e-a3de-42f4ecbb2d96 Cannot backup domain 'xxxxxxxx.co.uk' ( Data at the root level is invalid. Line 4, position 1. )
[2015-09-23 09:56:46.861|13208] Debug: System.Xml.XmlException: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 4, position 1.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseRootLevelWhitespace()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml)
   at psadumpagent.CommonEnv.execBackupUtil(BackupObjectType objectType, String objectId)
   at psa9dumpagent.PSADumpObject.getAndEmbedData(Object obj, BackupObjectType objectType, String objectId)
   at psa111dumpagent.DomainDumpObject.dumpDomainExtra()
   at psa120dumpagent.DomainDumpObject.dumpDomainExtra()
   at psa9dumpagent.PSADomainObject.doDomainDump()
   at psa104dumpagent.DomainDumpObject.doDomainDump()
   at psa9dumpagent.PSADomainObject.dump()
   at psa9dumpagent.Psa9DumpAgent.dumpDomains(String[] domainNames, IDomainOwner schemaOwner)

Last edited:
Now check also %plesk_dir%\admin\logs\php_error.log
I suppose you should see there some errors for backup_restore_helper utility called with parameter --backup-subscription or --backup-site

I can't see anything that stands out. Also, can't find anything related to 'backup-subscription' or 'backup-site'

I'm probably better off manually transferring everything as this has already taken up 2 full days trying to get a backup.

Thanks for your help.

Back