• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

can't change primary ip to IPv6 address

smithxx

New Pleskian
I have an IPv4 and an IPv6 address on a server. When the IP addresses are listed the IPv4 address is in Bold and the line is grey showing it is the primary IP address.

I then found the article at http://kb.parallels.com/en/5967

In followed all the direction and it seemed to work. when i run from Mysql:

select IP_Addresses.ip_address from IP_Addresses, misc where misc.val=IP_Addresses.id and misc.param='def_ip_id';

I get the new IPv6 address i had chosen.

However, when I log into the panel it still shows the IPv4 address as primary (in bold and grey) and I cannot delete it.

I also tried adding a completly new IPv6 address but I got the same result.

From plesk make the new IP shared, and the other dedicated, then you can attempt to delete it ...let me know if that works for you ..

Tries that and then went through the procedure at http://kb.parallels.com/en/5967 and
select IP_Addresses.ip_address from IP_Addresses, misc where misc.val=IP_Addresses.id and misc.param='def_ip_id';
shows the new Ipv6 address.

However, the panel goes back to the IPv4 address after i save the changes. The ipv6 address also reverted back to "dedicated" even though i set it to "shared" before I started this procedure so they both say "dedicated" now.

Yes, that is how I added ipv6 before I installed the panel. Now that i installed the panel I didn't know how changing that file would affect things. Have you ever removed an IP address that way after you installed the panel?

thanks

I can't think of a direct answer other than investigating it deeper, and making sure several checks are met such as those listed on that page:

- Making sure there is no domain using the OLD IP
- Making sure you reconfigured the Panel

And if the worst comes to the worst, if you have almost no data on plesk then reinstall Plesk ...

I expect there is some type of check in the panel that did not consider ipv6-only so i think my best bet is to wait for an update and just firewall the stuff I don't want for now.

Back