• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Can't connect Thunderbird Plesk

bokishaNET

New Pleskian
Hello,

I have problem with Thunderbird app. I can't log in through Thunderbird app on my desktop.

On URL https://webmail.domain.com I can connect and everything work smoothly without any issues. I use CloudFlare DNS and latest Plesk Obsidian v18.0.29_build1800200825.21 os_CentOS 7.

So, I try a lot tutorials how to setup Thunderbird without successful. I also follow this:
Code:
https://docs.plesk.com/en-US/obsidian/administrator-guide/website-management/quick-start-with-plesk/set-up-mail-accounts/2-access-your-mailbox/access-from-mozilla-thunderbird.65694/

So, can someone help me how to fix this problem? Thanks!

Any details, error messages, related records from Plesk maillog, etc?

Hi @IgorG ,

Im not professional administrator, can you tell me where I can find maillog??? On my Plesk I use Let's Encrypt SSL, but all connection going through CloudFlare SSL.

I always have this error:

Unable to log-in at server. Probably wrong configuration, username or password.
or
thunderbird failed to find the settings for your email account

Hi @IgorG ,

Im not professional administrator, can you tell me where I can find maillog??? On my Plesk I use Let's Encrypt SSL, but all connection going through CloudFlare SSL.

I always have this error:

Unable to log-in at server. Probably wrong configuration, username or password.
or
thunderbird failed to find the settings for your email account

Check out this handy reference out and while never having tried this personally, there's also a Plesk Extension that is willing to take your monthly coffee money in exchange for access to the same information in a more GUI-oriented format that you can access directly via the Plesk panel.

Same situation here, password and username is correct , settings also but on latest version errors are still , i success with older version on thunderbird for example 68 all settings are ok .

p.s. somewhere i see that some protocols are need to be updated i think TLS 1.3 ( i am not sure )

@Ickov how to update protocols???

Any steps how to do that?
really i am not sure i try to find something on google about those problem till not i can not find ,

here on forum was thread and explaining how to add 1.2 protocol

but i suggest you now to downgrade or install older version on Thunderbird , then send email to someone for test and upgrade , that works for me

I've had the same issue, took me a long time but I've got it working. There's a video on this Cloudflare Email Troubleshooting page. Go through each of the steps that the guy says, trying after each on. I had to do all of them to get it working.

He explains each of the following but broadly:
- Go to DNS in Cloudflare. Check for MX records (mine was there automatically), you're looking for a mail server record.
- If not, click add, select MX from the dropdown. and enter your domain e.g. google.com in the name and mail.google.com in the content. Set it to DNS only.
- If you already have the MX record check the name. If it's mail this could be the issue because Cloudflare is expecting [email protected].
- - I set this to @ in the name for this MX record, this means it will look for [email protected].

I would stress, follow the video instructions rather than mine above! :p

However, at this point it started working in Mail for Mac and Outlook on iPhone (I just put in my username and password and they did the rest rather than having to go through advanced settings. As per the Plesk instructions, I had to confirm it was ok to go ahead with a self-signed certificate.

Hopefully this will work for you too!

Back