• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't Create Domain Templates

S

sreese

I have a Plesk Panel server that is managed by an Expand server. The domain templates in Expand don't let you specify things like whether or not ASP is enabled or what statistics package to use, etc. So I tried to create a new domain template on the Plesk Panel server because I thought maybe it could be used by Expand once it was created. However, when I try to add a domain template, I get the following error:

<b>Source:</b> Microsoft JET Database Engine<br/><b>Description:</b> Overflow
---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
0: plib\common_func.php3:233
com->execute(string 'select r.rep_id from Templates t, Repository r, misc where t.id=1 and r.component_id=t.id and misc.param='dom_tmpl_list_id' and CInt(misc.val)=r.rep_id', NULL null)
1: plib\common_func.php3:233
db_query(string 'select r.rep_id from Templates t, Repository r, misc where t.id=1 and r.component_id=t.id and misc.param="dom_tmpl_list_id" and CInt(misc.val)=r.rep_id')
2: plib\class.Template.php:669
Template->getType()
3: plib\class.Template.php:605
Template->LogEvent(boolean true)
4: htdocs\creation_templates\edit_dom_tmpl.php:396

Despite this error, the template shows up in the template list but I am unable to view, edit or delete it. If I just click on the template to view it, I receive this error:

com->execute(string 'select count(*) from Templates tmpl, Repository r, misc m where m.param='dom_tmpl_list_id' and CInt(m.val)=r.rep_id and r.component_id=tmpl.id and tmpl.id=1', NULL null)
db_query(string 'select count(*) from Templates tmpl, Repository r, misc m where m.param="dom_tmpl_list_id" and CInt(m.val)=r.rep_id and r.component_id=tmpl.id and tmpl.id=1')
2: htdocs\creation_templates\edit_dom_tmpl.php:57

If I try to delete it, I get this error:

com->execute(string 'select r.rep_id from Templates t, Repository r, misc where t.id=1 and r.component_id=t.id and misc.param='dom_tmpl_list_id' and CInt(misc.val)=r.rep_id', NULL null)
db_query(string 'select r.rep_id from Templates t, Repository r, misc where t.id=1 and r.component_id=t.id and misc.param="dom_tmpl_list_id" and CInt(misc.val)=r.rep_id')
2: plib\class.TemplatesList.php:324
TemplatesList->getRepositId_(string '1')
3: plib\class.TemplatesList.php:222
TemplatesList->remove(array)
4: htdocs\creation_templates\dom_templates.php:51

Does anyone have any ideas on what might be happening here? Am I just not supposed to try and create domain templates on my Plesk Panel servers if they are managed by Expand? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Just in case anyone else out there stumbles across this...

I solved the problem by running the Plesk Reconfigurator and changing Plesk's database from Jet to the local MySQL database.

Back