• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't Create Domains after 9.5.4 Upgrade

Mike Legg

Basic Pleskian
In addition to the mess that upgrading from 9.5.1 to 9.5.4 caused to my web mail, I now find I cant create any new domains.

When I try to create a new domain, I get the error "Unable to update hosting preferences: Unable to create directories: vhostmng failed: Cannot find hosting by domain ID nnn".

Have Parallels published a fix for this?

If not, is there a way of going back to 9.5.1?

Can't edit domains either, the following error occurs

DB query failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
0: common_func.php3:171
db_query(string 'SELECT d.displayName, d.cl_id, d.id FROM domains AS d, Repository AS r, certificates AS c WHERE d.cert_rep_id=r.rep_id AND r.component_id=c.id AND c.id=')
1: class.SSLCertificate.php:1064
get_cert_owner_info(string '')
2: class.IPAddressSelector.php:504
IPAddressSelectorForm->_get_cert_owner_info(string '')
3: class.IPAddressSelector.php:377
IPAddressSelectorForm->assign(object of type IPAddressSelector, boolean true, boolean true, integer '48')
4: class.PHostingManager.php:1965
PHostingForm->assign(object of type PHostingManager, boolean true, boolean true, boolean true, boolean false)
5: phosting_setup.php:269
require(string 'C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\htdocs\domains\hosting\phosting_setup.php')
6: plesk.php:56

I've just tried to report this error by clicking on the "Report Error" button which appears when the error occurs.

I've completed and submitted the form, but I'm then presented with a page that in part says ...

Our records indicate that your license belongs to one of Parallels Partners/Resellers. As such, they are your first point of contact for support and general inquiry. Parallels Inc. does not provide support and escalation path for users if any of the following conditions are true:

•You are not a Partner or do not have an active support contract for the server/license that requires support
•You purchased a hosting plan that utilizes Parallels software

My licence provider assures me that they cannot do anything to obtain support from Parallels.

So the only option I have is to pay Parallels to fix their own software which I am loathe to do because of the bad experiences I've had doing this in the past.

Does anyone at Parallels feel any moral obligation to support the products that they sell?

We have paid for the product after all.

Can't rename domains either ...

Error: Unable to rename the domain: Execute websrvmng --stop-vhost "--vhost-name=domain.com" failed: Cannot find hosting by domain ID x
Execute websrvmng --start-vhost "--vhost-name=domain.com" failed: Cannot find hosting by domain ID x
Execute websrvmng --rename-vhost "--old-name=domain.com" "--new-name=newdomain.com" failed: Cannot find hosting by domain ID x

Plesk is now pretty much useless on this server. ( I mean more useless than usual)

Can't Suspend Domains either ...

ERROR: PleskUserException

Unable to activate/deactivate domain: Execute websrvmng --stop-vhost "--vhost-name=domain.com" failed: Cannot find hosting by domain ID x

Additionally, an exception has occurred while trying to report this error: PleskFatalException
Execute websrvmng --stop-vhost "--vhost-name=domain.com" failed: Cannot find hosting by domain ID x

0: DomainToggleUIPointer.php:28
DomainToggleUIPointer->disableDomain(object of type BsDomain)
1: client.domain.toggle.php:44
plesk__client__domain__toggle->accessItem(string 'GET', NULL null)
2: UIPointer.php:601
UIPointer->access(string 'GET')
3: plesk.php:43

Because I value my clients and feel a moral obligation to provide the services for which they've paid, I've just purchased support from Plesk.

Currently waiting for someone from Parallels to contact me so that I can give them the neccessary details to access the server and investigate the problem.

Last edited:
Server Details were supplied yesterday.

No feedback from Parallels on the problem yet. From what I can see via the support interface no one has even looked at the server yet.

I'm busy keeping my customers informed about the nature of the issue, but cannot give them any timeframe on when their control panel will work again because I haven't received any indication from Parallels.

Frontline and Secondline techs have both looked at the problem and have passed it on to the developers.

I'm glad that there's been some action.

The developers have identified the problem.

It was not because of the 9.5.4 upgrade - it was my fault.

I had to renew and install a new shared ssl certificate recently and I had great trouble getting Plesk to recognise the new one instead of the old one.

In trying to remove it I inadvertently deleted a row from the certificates table in the PSA database which in turn caused a whole bunch of queries to return no results because they couldn't join on the certificates table.

Plesk - Good

Me - Bad

Back