• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Can't delete database

TeHashX

New Pleskian
Hi, tried to install multiple times osticket app from plesk 12.5 panel, debian 8 but failed with some errors.
Now I have multiple databases and I can't delete them, I found this https://kb.plesk.com/en/119498 but is very confusing, where should I type those commands, in terminal or log to mysql terminal?
Can you give me an example how to find domain ID & connection ID and delete db "osticket_1" from domain "my-domain.com"?
Thanks

I would suggest you contact Support Team or hire experienced Linux administrator if you are not familiar with base SQL and Linux administrative tasks.

I would suggest you contact Support Team or hire experienced Linux administrator if you are not familiar with base SQL and Linux administrative tasks.
It's not a corporate company to hire an experienced Linux administrator :)
I can't request support from plesk because I have license from a reseller which won't offer support for such things.
Can you help me?

where should I type those commands, in terminal or log to mysql terminal?
All commands in KB article should be executed in MySQL. You can login to Plesk psa database with following command in CLI:

# plesk db

I entered MySQL shell, then I entered
Code:
set @dom_id = my-domain.com
And now I get
Code:
    ->
Here is the code which I don't understand
Code:
SELECT data_bases.name,apsResources.pleskId FROM `data_bases` INNER JOIN `DatabaseServers` ON data_bases.db_server_id = DatabaseServers.id LEFT JOIN `apsResources` ON apsResources.pleskId = data_bases.id and apsResources.pleskType="db" WHERE (dom_id = @dom_id)\G

It is base of SQL - at the end of each SQL command you should add ; symbol.
So your first command should be:

set @dom_id = (select id from domains where name='example.tld');

as you can see there is ; symbol at the end of line.
And note, that domain ID is not the same as domain name! Therefore your command:

Code:
set @dom_id = my-domain.com

is wrong.

Thank you very much for your help, I did it :)

Code:
set @dom_id = (select id from domains where name='example.tld');
On the wiki page changeable strings should be with bold.

Back