• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Can't delete email in Horde after 11.5.30 upgrade

georgetasioulis

New Pleskian
Hello,

I'm experiencing a rather weird issue:

When I log into an email account via Horde and delete an/some email(s) they disappear and go to the Trash folder (I have the "When deleting messages, move them to your Trash mailbox instead of marking them as deleted?" checkbox enabled).

Then I go to the Trash, right click on it, and select Empty, and all emails disappear. No errors whatsoever.

Now, if I log out and log in again, the deleted email is back in Inbox. It's like if I never deleted it in the first place.

If I disable the "When deleting messages, move them to your Trash mailbox instead of marking them as deleted?" setting, and click the "Purge Deleted" button after deleting a couple of emails, it does nothing.

It's like if the mailbox is read only, but on the other hand I can send and receive email fine, without a problem.

Any ideas?

Such issue is not reproduced at least on upgrade from Plesk 11.0.9. Could you please elaborate Plesk version you have upgrade from. Also what version of MailEnable you got installed on Plesk server.

Same issue here,

Upgraded to 11.5.30 from 10.x ( i think it was 10.4.0 how can i check it ) and delete is not working. It acts as if delete worked but on refresh or relog it shows every mail.
So our customers who use webmail are only filling their mailboxes.

Only workaround i found is that a mail client (eg outlook) downloading email via pop can delete the mails after download.
But webmail can't delete

I tried all options ( mark deleted then purge, instant move to trash and empty trash ) but none is working.
The deleted mail is always there after refresh or relogin.

you can know the version you upgraded from using Plesk DB. Run the query

C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\MySQL\bin\mysql -uadmin -p*********** -P8306 psa -e "select * from upgrade_history"
-p*********** - Plesk admin password

Also could you please describe in details what are the settings on the page in Horde > Preferences > "Deleting and Moving Messages" on the mail box which experiences the problem. You can send a screen shot (as private message).
And I think mail enable version might have mixed up here. Could you elaborate MailEnable version on the server?

We have : MailEnable Standard 4.26

Upgrade was from plesk version 11.0.9 to 11.5.30 and before 11.0.9 it was 10.4.4

User's settings is :Screen Shot 2013-08-01 at 12.48.14 PM.png

Thanks

It seems I got the reason of your problem. MailEnable Standard 4.26 is not shipped with IMAP service.
So you are connecting to mail server using POP3 protocol.
As I can see deleting action is to move a message. Message can be moved only by IMAP protocol. Therefore, I suppose, mail is not removed from mail box.

To make it work correctly I recommend you to upgrade MailEnable to latest available version (Standard edition of course). You can download it from mailenable.com. To avoid any bad consequences I recommend to backup mail enable data and configuration.

Back