• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't Disable Mail on Domain

M

mikelegg

I've discovered a strange problem with Plesk and MailEnable.

First I set "Mail to non-existent user" to "Redirect to external mailserver with IP address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" and save it. (Thus turning it into a MailEnable Smarthost)

If I come back and set "Mail to non-existant user" to "Reject" and save it. (Trying to returnit to a normal local postoffice) mail no longer works on the domain and it also becomes impossible to turn the mail service off for that domain via Plesk.

Even though I untick the "Activate mail service on this domain" check box, after I saved it and then go back into the mail setting the box is still ticked.

Has anybody else ever encountered this?

Try disabling mail in the MailEnable manager :D

Yes that's what we've had to resort to, but we'd like to get Plesk to do what it's supposed to do.

It seems to be a permissions based problem. If I log in as a domain level user it works fine, but if I login as a client user it doesn't work.

Back