• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't Find Where to Change Folder Permissions since Update to 11.5?

Mr Fett

Basic Pleskian
Hi all,

I'm SURE this is me being stupid but I cannot find where to change folder permissions in the new Plesk interface?

I go to the file manager but all I have are the basic file/folder operations (Create, Delete, Upload File, etc) - I can't find anywhere to change permissions on the folders to give the MYSERVER_IUSR permission, etc.

Thanks

Bob

Hi all,

So for anyone else looking for this - for some reason this has been moved to Virtual Directories (which seems odd to me - I'm not using virtual folders in any of my sites. To access it, login to the website manager for that subscription, Websites & Domains tab (default), expand the options under the domain, click Virtual Directories, select the folder and click Directory Access Permissions:

Plesk-11.5-Folder-Permissions.jpg

Multiple Folder Permissions!
So it seems that now you can select multiple folders and change the permissions all at once (something I could never get to work in the previous version).

Hi Friends

There is another way to set file/folder permissions... go to the "Files" tab where you can get the list of files and folders. Put mouse over the file/folder for which you want to change permission settings. You will see a small icon on the right hand side of the file/folder list column. Click on that, and then you will get option to set permissions.

Hope this helps. Good luck

Back