• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Can't Find Where to Change Folder Permissions since Update to 11.5?

Mr Fett

Basic Pleskian
Hi all,

I'm SURE this is me being stupid but I cannot find where to change folder permissions in the new Plesk interface?

I go to the file manager but all I have are the basic file/folder operations (Create, Delete, Upload File, etc) - I can't find anywhere to change permissions on the folders to give the MYSERVER_IUSR permission, etc.

Thanks

Bob

Hi all,

So for anyone else looking for this - for some reason this has been moved to Virtual Directories (which seems odd to me - I'm not using virtual folders in any of my sites. To access it, login to the website manager for that subscription, Websites & Domains tab (default), expand the options under the domain, click Virtual Directories, select the folder and click Directory Access Permissions:

Plesk-11.5-Folder-Permissions.jpg

Multiple Folder Permissions!
So it seems that now you can select multiple folders and change the permissions all at once (something I could never get to work in the previous version).

Hi Friends

There is another way to set file/folder permissions... go to the "Files" tab where you can get the list of files and folders. Put mouse over the file/folder for which you want to change permission settings. You will see a small icon on the right hand side of the file/folder list column. Click on that, and then you will get option to set permissions.

Hope this helps. Good luck

Back