• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't get Sitebuilder to install

Q

QueenB

Hello all,

I am trying to install Sitebuilder on my VPS. The files are all there but it gets stuck. It keeps telling me that it cannot connect to the server and to check the connection strings and/or the state of the server. I have a MySQL server and a shared MS SQL server. There is a MySQL instance config instance wizard but I have no idea what I am doing on it. I also have the asp.net enterprise manager but that is just as confusing as the other one. The service management icon in Plesk tells me that bother servers are running so how do I get to the connection strings to modify them.

Also, which one is better to have MySQL or MS SQL?

QueenB

Sitebuilder for Windows does not support MySQL. So you need to use MS SQL with SQL authentication. Just provide correct instance name and credentials.

Thank you Abobykin for responding. When I went into Plesk reconfigurator. It shows that my DB provider is Jet. I am unfamiliar with this one. Do you know about Jet? Also, when you say correct instance name, are you referring to the name of the database.

Thanks again,

QueenB

You don't need to use Plesk Reconfigurator, because it does not know anythink about Sitebuilder. Just install Sitebuilder (if it was not already installed by Plesk).

Thank for your information, my sitebuilder is supported.

Back