• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Can't install Let's Encrypt (Onyx 17.0.17 U12)

Eduardo Roth

New Pleskian
Hello,

I've been trying to install Let's Encrypt extension from the Extensions Catalog with no luck, every time I try to install it I get the following error:

Error: Failed to install the extension:
Execution of C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\modules\letsencrypt\scripts\post-install.php failed with exit code 1 and the output:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\python\lib\runpy.py", line 162, in _run_module_as_main
"__main__", fname, loader, pkg_name)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\python\lib\runpy.py", line 72, in _run_code
exec code in run_globals
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\python\lib\site-packages\virtualenv.py", line 2386, in <module>
main()
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\python\lib\site-packages\virtualenv.py", line 859, in main
symlink=options.symlink)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\python\lib\site-packages\virtualenv.py", line 1037, in create_environment
install_wheel(to_install, py_executable, search_dirs)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\python\lib\site-packages\virtualenv.py", line 1002, in install_wheel
'PIP_NO_INDEX': '1'
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\python\lib\site-packages\virtualenv.py", line 937, in call_subprocess
% (cmd_desc, proc.returncode))
OSError: Command "C:\Program Files (x8...p\Scripts\python.exe" -c "import sys, pip; sys...d\"] + sys.argv[1:]))" setuptools pip wheel failed with error code 1

Does anyone have found a fix for this?

Server is Windows Server 2012 R2.

Thank you for report.
We have already submitted report to developers regarding this issue - EXTLETSENC-27
Problem is under their investigation now.

Hi Eduardo,

Have you been able to get pass the Let's Encrypt installation issue? I'm trying to install it on a new Windows 2016 server and I'm getting the exact same error.

Thank you

Back