• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Can't install Plesk Migrator

aethco

New Pleskian
  • The execution of post-install.php has failed with the following message:
  • [2021-01-30 21:36:55.847] ERR [panel] Execution plesk-migrator-post-install-packages.sh has failed with exit code 1, stdout: Bootstrapping dependencies for debian jessie...
  • , stderr: ERROR:__main__:Command '['apt-get', '-qq', 'update']' returned non-zero exit status 100
  • exit status 1
  • :
  • 0: /opt/psa/admin/plib/pm/ApiCli.php:176
  • pm_ApiCli::filterResult(string 'plesk-migrator-post-install-packages.sh', integer '1', string 'Bootstrapping dependencies for debian jessie...
  • ', string 'ERROR:__main__:Command '['apt-get', '-qq', 'update']' returned non-zero exit status 100
  • exit status ...', integer '5')
  • 1: /opt/psa/admin/plib/pm/ApiCli.php:169
  • pm_ApiCli::execWithPipes(string 'plesk-migrator-post-install-packages.sh', string ''/opt/psa/admin/bin/modules/panel-migrator/plesk-migrator-post-install-packages.sh' ', integer '5', array)
  • 2: /opt/psa/admin/plib/pm/ApiCli.php:98
  • pm_ApiCli::callSbin(string 'plesk-migrator-post-install-packages.sh')
  • 3: /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/scripts/plesk-migrator-post-install.php:9
  • postInstallPleskMigrator(NULL null)
  • 4: /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/scripts/post-install.php:12
  • ERROR: pm_Exception_ResultException: Execution plesk-migrator-post-install-packages.sh has failed with exit code 1, stdout: Bootstrapping dependencies for debian jessie...
  • , stderr: ERROR:__main__:Command '['apt-get', '-qq', 'update']' returned non-zero exit status 100
  • exit status 1
  • (ApiCli.php:176)

The installation failed with above error. I'd also like to ask, do I really need this? I thought the Backup Manager tool and a "Full Backup" generated by it would be enough to completely reinstate everything on a brand new plesk installation on a different server, am I mistaken? Is the migrator tool so that I don't lose just the overall plesk configuration?

The story is, my VPS has debian 8, now deprecated, and I need to create a FULL backup of my entire plesk installation and everything it manages, to restore onto a new OS.

Thank you very much

Update: it appears that it installed anyway, but on trying to use it I get this:

ERROR: Zend_Controller_Exception: Session token has expired.#0 /opt/psa/admin/plib/vendor/plesk/zf1/library/Zend/Controller/Plugin/Broker.php(309): Plesk\Application\Controller\Plugin\ForgeryProtection-&gt;preDispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))<br />
#1 /opt/psa/admin/plib/vendor/plesk/zf1/library/Zend/Controller/Front.php(941): Zend_Controller_Plugin_Broker-&gt;preDispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))<br />
#2 /opt/psa/admin/plib/pm/Application.php(87): Zend_Controller_Front-&gt;dispatch()<br />
#3 /opt/psa/admin/htdocs/modules/panel-migrator/index.php(5): pm_Application-&gt;run()<br />
#4 &#123;main&#125; (Broker.php:312)<br />
<br><a href='Search results – Plesk Help Center' target='_blank'>Search for related Knowledge Base articles</a>

The support for Debian Jessie (Debian 8) ended June 30th, 2020. Plesk does not support that operating system since that date. If you have not installed the necessary components on your old Plesk before that date, it might not be possible to install them now.

It should be possible to restore a full Plesk backup to a newer Plesk version on a newer operating system. So what you need to do is to create a full backup with the backup manager, then install the new server, install Plesk onto that new server and then restore that backup to the new server.

Ah I feared as much. I'm guessing dependencies needed by my version of plesk can't be installed and it's gumming everything up, because the whole thing is behaving strangely now.

Thankyou very much for replying!
Could you please tell me how much of my setup I'll lose without using Migrator? Will it just be the websites left?

Migrator and Backup are almost the same thing. Migrator is creating a backup and playing it "live" to another system, while Backup creates a backup that can be restored later to the same or another machine. The content and result is practically identical.

Same problem here, Debian 10. No chanche to have Plesk Migrator working?!? It's very strange to me...

Same problem here, Debian 10. No chanche to have Plesk Migrator working?!? It's very strange to me...
hello @D4NY ,

what exact 'same problem' you experiences?
inability with install migrator packages or zend error session expired ?

in case problems with apt repos i'd suggest execute apt clean and try to install migrator component again:
it can be result of 18.0.47.1 publication.

inability to install Plesk Migrator on Debian 10.
At the moment i have to run it on CentOs 7.

inability to install Plesk Migrator on Debian 10.
At the moment i have to run it on CentOs 7.
could you please
1. clean apt cache (with apt clean command)
2. remove any plesk-related repos from /etc/apt/source.list.d/
3. try to install migrator again with command plesk installer add --components pmm --debug

and provide errors if they appeared ?

Back