1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Can't login to Plesk console

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by bdruth, Aug 23, 2005.

1. bdruth

bdruth Guest

After upgrading to Plesk 7.5.3 (from 7.5.2) on two boxes, I was unable to login to the Plesk console as admin (or any other user) - no errors, just always get booted back to the login page (without a bad user/pass error or anything).

After talking to sw-soft support, engineers got into the system and fixed some things.

Now I have to admit, the primary of the two servers was my main concern - the other server mainly just runs MySQL and doesn't really do anything through Plesk, so I admin it through SSH mainly. My memory is failing me, but I must not have actually checked that the login to the second server was working, because now that I have a need to get into Plesk, I can't.

Same problem as before - no login failure, but I'm always booted right back to the login page.

Anything I can check? I've skimmed some various logs and nothing is jumping out at me.

Thanks!
    Brice Ruth

2. worker

worker Guest

Are you running IE?
    There is a bug with /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.Session.php, you need to either copy it over from your 'fixed' box, or ask them to replace it on that other server as well.

3. bdruth

bdruth Guest

No, this is in Firefox. Should I try IE? I went ahead and copied that file over, no change.

4. bdruth

bdruth Guest

Any other ideas? I still cannot login to the Plesk CP from any browser, with the admin user account (no other accounts are setup).

I have since tried copying over the entire /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs directory from a working Plesk installation to this one, no change in behaviour, even after a Plesk service restart.

I'm at my wits end!