• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't receive and send emails

Hi,

I just moved from DirectAdmin to Parallels Plesk and already love the interface. Much better than DA in my opinion.

Let's get to the problem:

When I make a new email account I can login to this account on webmail.domain.com (roundcube) and receive and send emails. Now when I want to use this account on Apple Mail i'm not sure which ports I need to use.

For the incoming mail server I use: 143
For the outgoing mail server I use: 587

Now when I look at my mailbox it gives me a warning sign. The outgoing mail server gives a green dot, but the incoming mail server gives me a red dot.

- So sending mails works.
- And receiving mails don't work.

I am using IMAP and have enabled the SSL box. I don't know if i need to check this, because i'm not running on an SSL certificate.

Are the ports that i'm using right? And should I enable the SSL checkbox?

Kind regards,

Sebastiaan

Here is a list of the ports for Plesk: Which ports need to be opened for all Parallels Plesk services to work with a firewall? ( KB - article 391 ).

Afterwards, I would like to point to some other links:

Parallels Plesk - Documentations

Parallels Knowledge-Base

... because most of all questions were already asked and answered as well.

As well, I would suggest to investigate your logs and configuration files ( Parallels Plesk Panel for Linux services logs and configuration files ( KB: 111283 ) ) if you still experience issues/problems, because guessing might not solve issues and provided suggestions might not work.

Now to your question to the ports:

Ports 143 and 993 would be right for IMAP - usage, as you can read in link 1.
Your questions to SSL:
If you don't use SSL - certificates, there is no need to bother with any settings. The general IMAP - port for secure connections is 993 ( again the sign to link no. 1 :) ).
The port 587 is an additional SMTP - port, often used for SSL - connections as well.
Try to USE your eMail - account:
It is far easier to investigate issues/problems, if you actually DO something, because most of all actions will result in a log - entry on your server. These logs are mostly separated in "access" and "error" - logs as you can see at the link no. 5. Try to mail yourself from a Google/Hotmail/Yahoo - account and try to mail back to these accounts as well and check your logs for errors, which you could provide in your next post ( just remove personal IPs and domain names for your own security, please ).
RED and GREEN dots might be funny to look at, but they don't help to investigate issues - only if you would like helpfull people to write a whole book of possible issues. :p

Back