• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Can't restore backup in plesk 18.0.56 Element 'server: The attribute 'guid' is required but missing."

marcin690

New Pleskian
I had to reisnatalise the system. The new plesk is installed in version 18.0.56, the copy is from version 18.0.55, I can not open it because of the error "backup_info_2310120013.xml:
Line 1535 error: element 'server': The attribute 'guid' is required but missing."

I also can't extract the archive to manually restore the pages because it is in the TZST extension.

What to do in such a situation? I couldn't find a command to install plesk version 18.0.55

Hi @marcin690, this is a brand new issue that was discovered on Friday. It's been filed with our highest priority as a hotfix under PPS-15083, PPPM-14162, PPP-62834, PPP-62848. The issue is that a a backup created on Plesk versions prior 18.0.56 cannot be restored to 18.0.56 or newer. The hotfix is already in the making, but I do not have an ETA yet. Unfortunately, there is no known workaround.

If you want to unpack a .tzst archive, please see this KB article that describes how you can do it on your system:

Hi @marcin690, this is a brand new issue that was discovered on Friday. It's been filed with our highest priority as a hotfix under PPS-15083, PPPM-14162, PPP-62834, PPP-62848. The issue is that a a backup created on Plesk versions prior 18.0.56 cannot be restored to 18.0.56 or newer. The hotfix is already in the making, but I do not have an ETA yet. Unfortunately, there is no known workaround.

If you want to unpack a .tzst archive, please see this KB article that describes how you can do it on your system:
Can I install plesk version 18.0.55?
The way described in this tutorial does not work. The list of versions is not displayed. Installing Plesk for Linux Using Installer Console

You cannot downgrade Plesk to a previous version. Currently, there is no known workaround for the issue.

Same problem here, also same problem with Strato.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to install a lower version than .56 since it's the only one listed when following the instructions on the link you mentioned, @hilutions .
How did you achieve this?

Same problem here, also same problem with Strato.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to install a lower version than .56 since it's the only one listed when following the instructions on the link you mentioned, @hilutions .
How did you achieve this?
I was using an entirely new server that I just rented. But just this morning I received the information that Strato solved the issue after 4 days of downtime.

I was using an entirely new server that I just rented.
Me too, but .56 was installed and no chance to go back.
But just this morning I received the information that Strato solved the issue after 4 days of downtime.
Didn't get any info yet from them (on a non-self-hosted domain). My server rebootet, yes, but I still have the same mail issues - imap not working on the server. Still no mails from my own domains.
Tried a direct migration but it also failed. Maybe same issue due to version mismatch?

Me too, but .56 was installed and no chance to go back.

Didn't get any info yet from them (on a non-self-hosted domain). My server rebootet, yes, but I still have the same mail issues - imap not working on the server. Still no mails from my own domains.
Tried a direct migration but it also failed. Maybe same issue due to version mismatch?
If plesk has been installed before, there is no way of going back. I was reinstalling the entire machine with a clean Ubuntu 22, then did all the updates and then started the plesk installation wich that all version - option.

Back