1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Can't run Parallels Plesk Panel Updater

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Windows Issue, Fixes, How-To' started by figjam, Mar 25, 2012.

1. figjam

figjam New Pleskian

57%
    PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
    Parallels Plesk Panel, 9.5.5, Microsoft Windows Web Server 2008 R2, x64-based PC

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE
    "Parallels Plesk Panel Updater" dies with an error after clicking "Update" in "Home" -> "Help & Support".

ACTUAL RESULT
    Error: Unable to retrieve a list of available updates: Unable to run `pleskautoupdate` utility: System.Exception: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. http://autoinstall.plesk.com/420FF3A6-FF3D-4B04-A9F2-896B2692EFB7.xml.crc
    at PleskUpdater.Updater.check()
    at PleskAutoUpdate.App.Main(String[] args)

EXPECTED RESULT
    A list of updates.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
    Plesk was upgraded from 9.3 to 9.5.5 on September 21st, 2011. I suspect the upgrade did not successfully complete and the customer has only just noticed the symptoms. There are also PHP errors attempting to access various other parts of the control panel, but I am hoping that fixing the update error will lead to the resolution of the PHP errors.

Is there a way to run the updater from the command line in Windows?

Cheers,

Andrew

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%