• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't send email when using webmail interface

O

outsourcethis

For some reason I can't send email when using the webmail client. I can receive email only. I get the following error message:

There was an error sending your message: unable to connect to smtp server localhost:25

If I use outlook 2003 or Outlook express and POP to the server I can send and receive email.

The firewall is open for port 25 inbound and outbound. I have verified this by telneting into a outside server over port 25.

The PTR record is correct:
64.1XX.XXX.XXX PTR record: mydomain.com. [TTL 21600s] [A=64.1XX.XXX.XXX

MX record is correct
mail.mydomain.com 0 64.1XX.XXX.XXX

I have enabled relay for authenticaed senders.

The log files are worthless. No help there. I get no error logs for my sent email failures.

I think I have read every thread in this forum and mailenable for this problem. I have tried every fix people have suggested still nothing is working.

Any ideas? Any help?

Did you try telneting to 25 directly from within Server. I suppose that some software, installed on the server, is blocking all attempts to connect on 25. Does not matter local or remote.

Originally posted by OlegB
Did you try telneting to 25 directly from within Server. I suppose that some software, installed on the server, is blocking all attempts to connect on 25. Does not matter local or remote.

Yes I telneted from that server over port 25 to 3 different external companies email servers. All connected me. So nothing is blocking SMTP.
What really pisses me off is there are no logs created when the sent email fails. I get a log when I receive a email to horde, when I contect with pop client.

You need to check SMTP connector properties. There should be incorrect restriction for localhost.

Most probably here:
Mail Enable Administrator > SMTP > Properties > Inbound tab > Access Control.

Jesus, I'm sick to death of Mail Enable & Plesk problems !!! We have the exact same problem as this now. Here are the errors. :mad:

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

From Outlook Express

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '[email protected]'. Subject 'test', Account: '[email protected]', Server: 'mail.domain.tld', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable or not local', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

From Webmail

There was an error sending your message: unable to add recipient [[email protected]]: Invalid response code received from server

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

I've tried :-

- Upgrading to Plesk 7.5.6
- Installing Plesk 7.5.6 for Windows Update (060502.17)
- Running: mchk.exe --all --fix=all, mchk & Plesk Reconfigurator
- Double checking the mail enable SMTP settings.
- The server in question is not on any RBL lists
- Reverse dns is setup correctly.
- The address I'm sending to works fine, I've tested it on other working mail servers.

Is there a fix for this yet?

You need to check SMTP connector properties. There should be incorrect restriction for localhost.

Most probably here:

Nope! All computers will be "granted access" - got a door number 2 for me to check?

Most probably here:

I presume you mean:

Mailenable ==> Mailenable Management ==> Servers ==> SMTP (Properties) ==> Relay ==> Privileged IPs

localhost (127.0.0.1) has privileges.

It looks to me like this is a bug in either Plesk or Mail Enable because users can email other domains fine. I can telnet to the domain in question fine and I've tried sending from different IP addresses on that server. We have 300 domains on this server and they all have problems emailing the same domain. I know that the name works because it belongs to the biggest ISP in the country and I can email it fine from my PC which isnt using Mail Enable & Plesk (Thank God!)

Originally posted by outsourcethis
For some reason I can't send email when using the webmail client. I can receive email only. I get the following error message:

There was an error sending your message: unable to connect to smtp server localhost:25

If I use outlook 2003 or Outlook express and POP to the server I can send and receive email.

The firewall is open for port 25 inbound and outbound. I have verified this by telneting into a outside server over port 25.

The PTR record is correct:
64.1XX.XXX.XXX PTR record: mydomain.com. [TTL 21600s] [A=64.1XX.XXX.XXX

MX record is correct
mail.mydomain.com 0 64.1XX.XXX.XXX

I have enabled relay for authenticaed senders.

The log files are worthless. No help there. I get no error logs for my sent email failures.

I think I have read every thread in this forum and mailenable for this problem. I have tried every fix people have suggested still nothing is working.

Any ideas? Any help? [/B]

Actually this problem is slightly different to ours as we cant send from Webmail or Outlook. So I've moved this problem to a new thread.

http://forum.swsoft.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33528

Back