• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Cant update Plesk after updating MariaDB

marcosittner

New Pleskian
Hi,

i am using Plesk Obsidian 18.0.20 on CentOS 7 and i recently updated my MariaDB from 5.x to 10.4 with SSH.
And now i cant update my Plesk to 18.0.21. When i try it, i always get the "ERROR while trying to backup MySQL database" and the update stopps.

Can someone help me please?

best regards
Marco

Hello,

Prior to upgrade, Plesk tries to back up databases (psa, apsc, horde, rouroundcubemail) via mysqldump. You can try to perform dump manually, to check what the problem. Alternately, you can try to run plesk sbin mysqldump.sh, which do nearly same.

I need to also note that MariaDB 10.4 is not fully supported yet.

Hello,

i ran #plesk sbin mysqldump.sh and i got back the following error. It says "user root doesnt exist" but thats the user i successfully logged in via SSH.

Dump databases: psa mysql horde apsc phpmyadmin_60w_WBu4pz9h
mysqldump: Got error: 1449: "The user specified as a definer ('root'@'localhost') does not exist" when using LOCK TABLES
***** problem report *****
ERROR while trying to Dump databases
Check the error reason, fix and try again
exit status 1

Hello,

This is known problem with mariadb 10.4. You need to recreate root@localhost user:
# plesk db
# CREATE root'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'typepasswordhere'

Back