• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't upgrade from 8.6 to 9.0 - Please Help

W

Websworth

Hi,

I have re-imaged my server to CentOS 5 64-bit - It comes with Plesk 8.6 - I have tried for about 7 hours now to upgrade to 9.0 usig the Controal Panel interface - with no success.

I get a Success report - then a fail report email. I tried uninstalling the 2 x hotfixes at indicated in another thread but it doesn't work.

My errors is the following (this is at the bottom):

Starting installation of packages
Installing the package psa-selinux-9.0.0-cos5.build90081222.11.noarch (b 0x1d494d0 source=0xc6beb0 P:3 R:2)
error: Failed dependencies:
policycoreutils < 1.33.12-14.el5 conflicts with psa-selinux-9.0.0-cos5.build90081222.11.noarch
ERROR: Unable to install the requested packages because either there is
not enough free disk space left, or there are package dependency problems.
Warning! Not all packages were installed.
Please check if your system services are operable.
Please, contact product technical support.

Plus there is plenty of disc space as i've checked this.

I even tried disabling selinux - using the command echo 0 >/selinux/enforce and also editing the config file - but still no good.

Can someone please assist or point me in the right direction, has anyone else had this problem?

Many thanks

I had the same error and I ran:

rpm -e --nodeps policycoreutils-1.33.12-14.el5

i then ran the autoinstaller (downloaded it via the website) and it worked. During the installation i did see the following at one point quite a bit during the installation but everything seems to work:

config: could not find sys rules directory

Not sure if this is the correct way of fixing it - but it seems to have worked for me.

Back