• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't use FTP

D

DoobyWho

I created a domain and I am trying to login to FTP with the FTP username/pass I set up w/ the domain and it doesn't work. This domain is on a shared IP and I am trying to log into the FTP w/ the IP. What could be wrong?

Thanks

Also - What will be the default page that comes up if someone browses to one of the shared IP's?

Here is an interesting twist...

I can access the FTP via the 2nd shared IP in the clients IP pool. However, I cannot access the FTP via the assigned IP to the domain or via the domain name itself.

Help!

If you have not set a Default Domain for the IP address, then a generic Plesk page should show in the browser.

Can you ftp to the domain name instead of the IP? <-- Nevermind, I just re-read your post.

Have you setup anything in the firewall which may limit access to some IPs?

Are you using the Plesk Firewall, generic Iptables, something else, or nothing?

I just saw your post on WHT and your Plesk DNS settings look fine. Have you run a report at:

http://www.dnsreport.com

Also, when did you submit the latest DNS changes for the domain? If it was just recently, then DNS may not have had time to propagate fully around the world to all other DNS servers yet.

If this is the case, then the DNSreport.com should reflect errors or incorrect IPs.

Please PM or email me with your domain name and what the proper IPs are supposed to be.

Nope - no plesk firewall.

Like I said - If I FTP to the IP set in the domain config, it doesn't work. However, if I FTP to the other shared IP that isn't configured in the domain, it works.

Yes, it appears that the first IP is not responding. What are you using for a firewall?

The error which concerns me is:
No NSs with CNAMEs
Note: This test checks with our local DNS server (since the NS record hostnames may not be handled by your DNS server), and therefore may be cached.

If you made changes recently (within the last 24-72 hrs) then it may just be a propagation delay which will clear up by itself.

According to what you posted on WHT, your Plesk DNS looks fine, so I am hoping it is just that you made some changes to DNS recently.

I don't have a firewall on the server. I am using a dedicated server @ godaddy.

Doobywho -

As of today at 5:30pm PST, both your IPs are responding to ping.
Browsing to your URL domain name brings up the default Plesk
screen:
If you see this page it means:

1) hosting for this domain is not configured
or
2) there's no such domain registered in Plesk.
Which means that you still may not have set
the default domain for the IP (in Server - IP Addresses - click on Hosting column for the IP
checkmark your domain - Click on 'Set as Default')

You did not also create separate domains in Plesk for your ns1 and ns2, please tell me you didn't.

Interesting, whois.sc shows a different IP than either of the ones you mentioned to me earlier.
I sent you a PM about it.

Back