• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Captcha code/spam Guestbook

F

Floris JanG

Dear parallels people,

We are experiencing a lot of spam in our Sitebuilder guestbooks lately. Our finding point out to the captcha code.

I have searched the knowledge base, and forum to see if anyone else is experiencing the same situation. I have not found anything related to this. Please do correct me if I'm wrong.

Can you guys look into this situation? Might there be something wrong with the captcha code? Are there any configuration changes we can make to solve this situation? Are there any (hot)fixes related to spam in the guestbook?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Product version: 4.5.0 Hotfix-20110711 (2011071115)

Yours sincerely,

Floris

EDIT
========
To make the situation a bit more clear:

The captcha code does work. Eventhough the captcha code works a whole bunch of spam fills the guestbooks.

Last edited by a moderator:
we are also experiencing many problems with spam with blog, forum etc. Parallels' answer is always: bugfix is expected in future releases. We are not satisfied at all with this company and this product. And, as you know, it's impossible to have a clear answer about sitebuilder 4.5 support and sitebuilder 5 standalone release...

As usual, you have not answered all questions. Is the spam issue a critical one? I agree that sitebuilder features are getting old (but they were probably not innovative when Sitebuilder 4.0 was issued, particularly site templates that seem clearly outfashioned now but were not "in" at that time). In 2007 (?) when Sitebuilder 4.0 was issued, spam was already, clearly a critical issue and you did not protect your tools. Please answer clearly: are you working on this issue and what is the ETA?

I don't know what we will do with WPB 10.x... I would be interested in other customers' opinions. The only thing I have seen is a demo in April, 2010 (!). I must say that I find it really unpleasant to obtain information about sitebuilder's future in forums ... I guess many customers have used sitebuilder from the beginning (we have from version 2.x) and it is clearly uncommercial to neglect the transition sitebuilder-WPB ... You should consider building at least database conversion tools. I don't know what to say to customers who have built huge sites with galleries, blogs, forums, shops... I know Sitebuilder was not built to deal with important sites, but it was not clearly mentionned and nothing prevents customers to build sites which become quite unusable and unmanageable. I would be interested in other customer's experiences with sb-wpb transition

I too have the same problem with my clients, they complain that the capcha does not block spam.

Given the response of parallels admin, I think the only solution is to abandon Sitebuilder Parallels and look for a new service provider.

With Swsoft abandoning a product like this with critical flaws how can we trust that they won't do the same thing with their new sitebuilder product very soon?

Guestbook CAPTHA nog working

Since last summer I suffer the same, i am getting fed up with this problem.

Please Solve the Catpcha thing

JELLE

Dear parallels people,

We are experiencing a lot of spam in our Sitebuilder guestbooks lately. Our finding point out to the captcha code.

I have searched the knowledge base, and forum to see if anyone else is experiencing the same situation. I have not found anything related to this. Please do correct me if I'm wrong.

Can you guys look into this situation? Might there be something wrong with the captcha code? Are there any configuration changes we can make to solve this situation? Are there any (hot)fixes related to spam in the guestbook?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Product version: 4.5.0 Hotfix-20110711 (2011071115)

Yours sincerely,

Floris

EDIT
========
To make the situation a bit more clear:

The captcha code does work. Eventhough the captcha code works a whole bunch of spam fills the guestbooks.

Back