• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Captcha not working?

nessa421

New Pleskian
On one of the sites, neither the blog, forum, or guestbook will allow comments. The form comes up and so does the captcha, but no matter what, you get the following error:

" The specified confirmation code is wrong. Please try again.
Your comment has not been added."

This works on other sites that were built by the builder...is there anything in particular that would cause this to break on a single site?

First of all, try to republish the entire website. For this go through site Wizard to latest Publish step and enable "Re-publish the enrite site" checkbox before publication.
Check issue one more time.

If it is still there, I can suggest you to check apache logs files on publication side. Probably you will get any error messages during CAPTCHA using.

I had tried both of those, but no errors on the publishing side. To trace it, I had to disable the sqlite extension in php which yielded a write error to /tmp on the server, where the customer had set their tmp dir to 755. I changed it to 777 and re-enabled sqlite, which resolved the problem.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, as I wouldn't have thought it was a publishing server issue.

Back