• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

When moving a domain outside of a plan owned by the same customer the WP-Toolkit get stuck on the wrong plan

Alejandro Oro Vojacek

Basic Pleskian
Username:

TITLE

When moving a domain outside of a plan owned by the same customer the WP-Toolkit get stuck on the wrong plan

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Almalinux 9

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

When moving a domain outside of a plan into a new plan, both owned by the same customer, the customer can still see the site on the old account on the WP-Toolkit.

If the customer decides to detach the site from the old plan and scan on the new plan, the website gets permanently detached.

It is observed that a file is created to ignore the Toolkit scan. Even removing the file does not allow the Toolkit to detected the site on the new plan.

The problem is worse than that since the site cannot be added to the Toolkit, all the permalinks stops working.

The iisue appears to be coming from the WP-Toolkit getting stuck with an ID that connects the site to the old plan. And when the domain cannot be added to the Toolkit, the NGINX rewrite rules are not active.

The only way to recover from this situation is to completely remove the site physically on the new plan, create a brand new empty site on the WP-Toolkit and then restoring the site on top of that site, by using the existing database and overwriting files.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

• Create a new plan owned by the same customer.
  • Move a site to that new plan.
  • Try to detach the site from the old plan.
  • The site won't be visible on the WP-Toolkit again
  • Permalinks will stop working.

ACTUAL RESULT

• After executing the move the WP Toolkit will not recognize the site anymore on the new plan if the site was unattached from the old plan.

EXPECTED RESULT

• Create a new plan for the same customer.
  • Move the domain to the new plan.
  • The WP Toolkit should remove the site from the old plan
  • The WP Toolkit should automatically add the site to the new plan

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

I setup a test instance on Alma 9 and tried to reproduce the issue, but here I could not reproduce it:

I created a customer and two subscriptions under that customer.
The first subscription had two domains, the second one domain.
I installed Wordpress on the additional domain of the first subscription, because that will be the one that can be moved into another subscription.
Then I moved that domain from the first into the second subscription.
The content was moved as expected, no further changes in WP Toolkit needed to be made.

From your post above I also checked the permalinks issue. The point is: Permalinks are nothing that Plesk cares about or the WP Toolkit cares about. They are an integral part of how Wordpress processes URLs, mostly controlled by .htaccess and some database settings. I have no idea how moving a domain from one subscription into another could possible change permalinks unless the .htaccess file of the installation has no been moved along. Could it be possible that this is rather a browser cache issue? This may also come into play regarding the main issue desribed.

All in all, I will need exact steps to reproduce the issues.

Back