• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

CAPTCHA on feedback forms

J

jbays

When are we going to see a CAPTCHA feature for the feedback forms?

Can not say for sure when it will be available, but such feature request exists for Parallels Sitebuilder development team.
For now, there is a time limit spam protection feature exists and can be used which prevents sending messages one by one from the same IP address. This parameter can be configured in sb_root/config file in section:
[feedback]
limit_for_next_send_message = TIME_IN_SEC (default value is 30)

Can not say for sure when it will be available, but such feature request exists for Parallels Sitebuilder development team.
For now, there is a time limit spam protection feature exists and can be used which prevents sending messages one by one from the same IP address. This parameter can be configured in sb_root/config file in section:
[feedback]
limit_for_next_send_message = TIME_IN_SEC (default value is 30)

Please implement CAPTCHA on feedback forms as soon as possible. Our customers are getting so much spam they are forced to take the feedback form off from their websites.

The limit_for_next_send_message featue is completely useless. This feature just inserts a cookie to the customers browser and checks if the cookie is there when the form is submitted again. Do you think spammers and bots use cookies at all? NO! I can't see any reason why development resources have been wasted to implement this feature...

I support entirely the introduction of captcha protection. Vulnerabilities such as this will drive us away from Sitebuilder and limit clientele to the most naive and least sophisticated users. This cannot be good for Plesk.

Guys, this feature already planned and should be available in one of the next releases (most probably nearest one). Can not say for sure any dates. For example, in Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder for Windows this feature already included into 4.5.x version.

As I know, not yet. There is no such feature as CAPTCHA for Feedback form in current Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder version. It is planned for the future releases.

I'd also like to see this in place too. Alsooff topic but related is the ability to moderateBlog posts again for the same reason. Spam.

Any chance of raising this again Dmitry, Capthas and stopping people commenting on the forums and blog would help combat spam

I provided update to developers and increased priority one more time for this feature but can not say anything exactly. Most probably it will be added in one of the future updates but can not say for sure when.

How are things like this prioritized? As in who makes the decision? Is there any way for us the users of the product to provide feedback in terms of what we are being asked from customers?

All information is provided to product manager who decides if feature should be included or not. As many requests for the feature as more probability that feature will be included into product.
For now I can suggest to post here a poll so customers could say "yes" for the feature and I will provide the results of poll to Parallels Plesk product manager.
I can also confirm that priority for the feature is high.

Hi, I have just joined via Hostgator, which I did because I am keen to move on from static sites and to experiment with forums and other interactivity, with what I thought would be your class-leading site-builder. I am now surprised to see via this forum - which applied a captcha code itself - that the linux sitebuilder has yet to facilitate captcha code for its users. In terms of priorities in a Web 2.0 and robotized age, I cannot think of much that would be more important. Why has it not yet been done? Until the linux product facilitates captcha code, there is no way in which I, or an ever-increasing proportion of the market will be able to use it for anything serious. I would therefore be grateful if Plesk could advise me as to when this missing functionality will be available, as until then, I need to focus on finding an alternative solution.

Thanks

Hi,

Could you create a stickly in one of the Sitebuilder forums for V4.5 that has these questions.

So Captha for Feedback forms, the other is a unique Page title separate from the page name. Another is ability for the admin to approve forum postings rather than them being automatically added.

Thanks

Back