• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

CBM 10.2.0-1 Whis Responses

M

maddieboi

CBM 10.2.0-1 Whois Responses

Hi All,

I am going through the process of setting up my CBM install fully so I can have it do all my work for me...

However, I am a little stuck when it comes to adding the Whois Server result info...

in Australia, we can query the whois server at the Registry (server: whois-check.ausregistry.net.au). You send the domain name you are querying availablity for and it will return one of two results :

Available
Not Available

Once it returns the result, is terminates the connection.

How would I configure this in CBM to correctly check if a domain is available? If I set the "Whois Response" to Available, then ALL domains (both available and Not available) are returned...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, maddieboi

I've checked service whois-check.ausregistry.net.au through CBM and it has returned either some info about taken domain or a string "No Data Found".

In any case you can control whois check using two parameters in TLD profile (System configuration > Domain TLDs list > certain TLD). Set response fragment in "Whois response fragment" parameter and type IN or NOT IN in "Whois match rule" parameter. The second parameter controls if whois response MUST contain specified fragment to indicate domain as available or it MUST NOT contain specified fragment.

For me these settings were set to:
Whois response fragment = No Data Found
Whois match rule = NOT IN

Back