• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Certificate issue with web deploy using wrong Service URL

SimonHolman

New Pleskian
When we enable web deploy and download the publishing profile file, it uses the users domain as the MSDeployServiceURL rather than the servers host name. The Web Management Service certificate matches the host name of the server, not the client site name, so the web deploy fails with a certificate error.

Is there a way to change the default publishprofile template to use the proper service URL?

Good question, I didn't find it in the panel.ini.

Maybe the template file is somewhere in the Plesk installation folder?

I sent this to support and the response boiled down to "There's no way to change it and the users should either manually edit the file once downloaded, or setup the publish settings themselves" which is a fairly crazy response in my opinion.

Please keep voting everybody.

We need to be able to customize the Web Deploy configuration file (because the Plesk default is not working correctly. The hostname should be the same as the server hostname and then put an SSL certificate in IIS for the server hostname under IIS > Management Service)

Back