1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Certificate Problem

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by Warface1, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Warface1

Warface1 Guest

I really need an explanation to fix this problem in Plesk 9.2.3.....

I have like 10 different SSL Certificates set on the server. I assigned each IP with a certificate, everything's fine.... for about 4 or 5 days then all of the certificate goes back to the Default one (Plesk).....

How can I fixed this without checking the certificates each 4 or 5 days to see if they haven't changed.

Thanks

2. Warface1

Warface1 Guest

Hello this is a serious bug !!!! Could someones help me on this ??

3. Hostasaurus.Com

Hostasaurus.Com Regular Pleskian

68%
    Any chance you're performing migrations of new sites to the server? The migration program will reset all of your certificates on all the sites, it's a bug, fixed in 9.3 or there's a patch for older version 9.2.

4. Warface1

Warface1 Guest

No migration were made, it happens just like that without notice at any given times

5. Hostasaurus.Com

68%
    I think I remember that the other issues were somehow related to the tool that extracts the migrated files; any chance you're doing backups and restores using the Plesk backup utility when the issue occurs? Just guessing at this point.

6. Warface1

Warface1 Guest

As I said earlier, no migration were made, I have around 400 websites on this server and since Day 1 , the certificate won't stay on theirs.

7. Hostasaurus.Com

68%
    What about the backup/restore software, is that being used?

8. Warface1

Warface1 Guest

Yeah it's used for every websites in a weekly basis.

9. Hostasaurus.Com

68%
    If the resets are occurring around the same time backup/restore is used, the issue may be related. I'd recommend patching the migration manager with the patches they released just in case since the restore wizard I think uses the same deployment tool that the restore uses and that is what was patched to fix the cert reset issue. Or upgrade to 9.3.