• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved CGI FCGI

Bitflight

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 11
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian
Hi,
I have a PLESK software running on Debian11. I'm trying to get accounting software running on the server. If I go via CGI, the login page tries to load, but the screen stays white, if I go via FCGI, the source code of the called file is displayed. Anyone have an idea what's causing this.

There can be at least two scenarios involved. When you see PHP source code instead of script execution, it is likey that the script uses short PHP openers like <? instead of <?php. In that case please enable short PHP openers on the PHP configuration page in the subsription in your Plesk control panel. If a page stays white it is an indication that a script is not executed correctly. You may find further details in the error log of the web server. If your script is using short openers, it is likely quite old, so it might not work with newer PHP versions and display a white page for that reason.

There can be at least two scenarios involved. When you see PHP source code instead of script execution, it is likey that the script uses short PHP openers like <? instead of <?php. In that case please enable short PHP openers on the PHP configuration page in the subsription in your Plesk control panel. If a page stays white it is an indication that a script is not executed correctly. You may find further details in the error log of the web server. If your script is using short openers, it is likely quite old, so it might not work with newer PHP versions and display a white page for that reason.
It is a perl script. In a plain Debian environement without PLESK the software works fine and I have no issues.
The Log files don't give any hints. You can see it here:
kivi.walter-frey.de

• Do you see any errors when running "perl -wc /path/to/your/script.pl"?
  • Did you check that the permissions of the script are 0755 ("chmod 0755 /path/to/your/script.pl")?
  • Any errors in /var/log/apache2/suexec_log ?

• Do you see any errors when running "perl -wc /path/to/your/script.pl"?
  • Did you check that the permissions of the script are 0755 ("chmod 0755 /path/to/your/script.pl")?
  • Any errors in /var/log/apache2/suexec_log ?
1.) perl -wc dispatcher.fpl
dispatcher.fpl syntax OK

2.) permissions are at 0755

3.)suexec_log ...... gid: (1003/1003) cmd: dispatcherl.fpl
no errors..

I do not understand it. The script is not executed.
Apache -> vhost_ssl.conf

Bash:
AddHandler fcgid-script .fpl
AliasMatch ^/[^/]+\.pl /var/www/vhosts/walter-frey.de/kivi.walter-frey.de/dispatcher.fcgi

#Alias       /kivi.walter-frey.de/          /var/www/vhosts/walter-frey.de/kivi.walter-frey.de/
Alias       /      /var/www/vhosts/walter-frey.de/kivi.walter-frey.de/

<Directory /var/www/vhosts/walter-frey.de/kivi.walter-frey.de/>
    AllowOverride All
    Options ExecCGI Includes FollowSymlinks
    Require all granted
</Directory>

<DirectoryMatch /var/www/vhosts/walter-frey.de/kivi.walter-frey.de/users>
    Require all denied
</DirectoryMatch>

I solved it:
With cgid the suexec module must be disabled, with fcgid the fcgid module must be enabled under tools&settings -> apache web server

Back