• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

cgi mailing scripts not working - looked all over these boards

A

auteur

and I can't find an answer.

So here's my scenario...

None of my webforms will send to email addresses outside my server's environment. (i.e. not to my yahoo.com account, not to my client's exchange account - DNS set up correctly, not to a redirected email account of another client).

I'm virtual dedicated hosted on Godaddy.com and clicked the upgrade buttons for Plesk to get to the 7.5 Reloaded version.

Any ideas? These forms are highly important to my clients, of course and my local server knowledgable friends have exhausted any ideas.

Any and all help GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Elizabeth

Are you getting a 500 error? This topic has been covered in several threads regarding cgi scripts. (you didn't say what if any error is being returned)
Search on 'cgi-bin AND 500' returns:
http://forum.plesk.com/search.php?s...=1247490&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

And did you get upgraded to 7.5.3 or 7.5.4?

A little more details like this, and some of what you have already checked/tried may help other forum members to help you.

Also, are the forms in the cgi-bin directory, or if located elsewhere, then you may have to make some config changes to the /cgi-bin alias which Plesk sets up as default in the domain conf files. Permissions and ownership problems can also prevent scripts from running under 7.5.x

cgi

Look at /var/log/httpd/suexec and /var/www/vhosts/sitename/statistics/error_log and see what your errors are. It usually has to do with permission, although some ftp programs will mess up cgi scripts going from a windows to a lunix machine.

All permissions seem set up fine.

It's really odd. I think the redirect problem I'm having and the form issue I'm having are related.

I cannot set up a redirect to point to an email address not hosted on my server. I cannot set up a webform to send an email to an address outside my server. BUT both work if I am either redirecting or sending a form to an email that *is* hosted on my box.

Sendmail maybe? Are there permissions or blocking that could be preventing me from getting emails to non-hosted email accounts?

I can directly send an email to the addresses from my Outlook. Just not through redirects and formmail programs.

For the formmail programs I've used both CGI/Perl script *AND* a PHP script. None of them will send to an external.

Any clues?

Hi Elizibeth,

Any luck finding this answer? I have a customer that is having the same issues with a CGI script generating a order form.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan:

I'm sorry, I've not had time to come back and post what happen.

It actually wasn't related to the scripts at all. It turns out that I had a hacker get in through a PHPNuke site that was on my server and through APACHE go in and load up an IRCD.

This "lovely" person (please note strong sarcasm), had 27,000 emails stuck in my queue that clogged the system. It was a Russian List Serv. Nice, huh...

He's been kicked out and the site's been shut down. Everything's been working fine since.

-Elizabeth

Wow!

Must have been fun chasing that down. This is an odd error and started out of the blue. I am so tired of searching through log files!

Thanks for the reply.

Dan

Yes, it completely sucked. Took a week to find him. Actually searching these boards helped me to narrow it down (LOVING THESE BOARDS).

Are you getting any errors from the form itself? Or just no email to the address designated?

Back