• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

CGI problem: Premature end of script headers

D

dinominant

The working setup:
Plesk 8.1.0
PHP 4.4.6 compiled as CGI, chmoded to 755 and placed in each domains cgi-bin folder, user: domain_name, group: psacln
php4.conf placed in /etc/httpd/conf.d and it contains:
Action php4-script /cgi-bin/php4
AddHandler php4-script .php4
DirectoryIndex index.php4

The new setup that does not work:
Plesk 8.4.0
PHP 4.4.8 compiled as CGI, chmoded to 755 and placed in each domains cgi-bin folder, user: domain_name, group: psacln
php4.conf placed in /etc/httpd/conf.d and it contains:
Action php4-script /cgi-bin/php4
AddHandler php4-script .php4
DirectoryIndex index.php4

PHP4 configure command used on both systems:
'./configure' '--build=x86_64-redhat-linux' '--host=x86_64-redhat-linux' '--target=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu' '--program-prefix=' '--prefix=/usr' '--exec-prefix=/usr' '--bindir=/usr/bin' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--includedir=/usr/include' '--libdir=/usr/lib64' '--libexecdir=/usr/libexec' '--localstatedir=/var' '--sharedstatedir=/usr/com' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--cache-file=../config.cache' '--with-libdir=lib' '--with-config-file-path=/etc/php4' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/etc/php4.d' '--with-exec-dir=/usr/bin' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-libxml-dir=/usr' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-sysvmsg' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-trans-sid' '--enable-yp' '--enable-wddx' '--enable-ucd-snmp-hack' '--enable-memory-limit' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-dbx' '--enable-dio' '--with-mime-magic=/etc/httpd/conf/magic' '--disable-dba' '--enable-corce-cgi-redirect' '--enable-fastcgi' '--with-pic' '--with-bz2' '--with-curl' '--with-gettext' '--with-gmp' '--with-iconv' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-openssl' '--with-png' '--without-pspell' '--with-zlib' '--with-layout=GNU' '--with-kerberos' '--with-unixODBC=shared,/usr' '--with-pear=/usr/share/pear' '--with-xml' '--with-cgi' '--with-mysql' '--disable-debug' '--disable-rpath' '--disable-dom'

I've tested the CGI binary with this command: echo "<?php phpinfo(); ?>" | cgi-bin/php4 | less and I get all kinds of phpinfo() output so it appears that php was built properly. Yet when I try to open phpinfo.php4 in my browser I get 500 Internal Server Error. When I look at the the logs I get this:
[Fri May 16 06:10:10 2008] [error] [client 172.16.0.1] Premature end of script headers: php4

Am I missing anything? Has something changed in Plesk 8.4.0 that could be causing this?

I found the solution :)

Add these options to the end of the ./configure command: '--enable-force-cgi-redirect' '--enable-fastcgi' '--disable-cli', recompile, copy , chmod, and it worked!

Back