• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Change DB Provider IP

MohsenK

New Pleskian
Hello everyone,
I just made a migration from an old server to a new one. How did this?
Used VMWare vCenter Convertor Stand Alone and vurtualized my Physical machine to a Virtual one on a ESXI Server. btw
Right know there is a problem for me.
I want to change the MS SQL Data Base provider IP address from the old IP to new one.
I went to Tools&Setting => Database Servers => Clicked on MS SQL Server => Clicked "Settings" And i am unable to edit IP Address!Section "Host name or IP address *" is not editable! Here is the old servers IP Address. (MS SQL Server is run in the same server as Plesk server.... PLESK-Server-IP\SQExpress)
Would somebody help me?
Note that every thing on the old server is on the new one too.
I used PP Reconfiguration and changed the old IP to new one.
I Used PP Reconfiguration and changed "Switch DB Provider" and it seems that just changed the database server of the Plesk data!
Thanks

PN:
Windows Server: 2K8 Standard R2
MS SQL Server: 2K8 R2
Plesk: V11

Last edited:
And note that i added another MS SQL Server DB Provider and when i try to edit the setting of this new one i am able to edit "Host name or IP address" But in the mentioned one o can't!
It seems when it's in use i can't change the IP Of this.
Is there anyway to (for example) stop this MS SQL server using and then change the IP?

Back