• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Change Domain name without deleting webspace

T

tnobs

Hi

At the moment we are testing our new website on a dedicated server, which runs PLESK as admin interface. I setup an account with a "Test-domain". Now we want to launch our new website, that means I want to change only the domain name to our original company domain name.

But I cant change it, I can only delete the domain, that means webspace, database... and all the stuff will be deleted too.

Is it possible to change only the domain-name?

thanks tnobs

Look in the Domain Administrator section, in here you can change the domain name associated with the hosting account.

You can do it from the command line using the "domain" script with the -new_name flag. If you don't have command line access, ask your ISP to help.

Originally posted by tnobs
Hi

At the moment we are testing our new website on a dedicated server, which runs PLESK as admin interface. I setup an account with a "Test-domain". Now we want to launch our new website, that means I want to change only the domain name to our original company domain name.

But I cant change it, I can only delete the domain, that means webspace, database... and all the stuff will be deleted too.

Is it possible to change only the domain-name?

thanks tnobs

Back