• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Change FTPS certificate

parsa25eng

New Pleskian
Hi.
I have Plesk 17.0.17 on my Linux Centos 7.5 server and I have configured some domains on it.
For one of this domains I am trying to use FTPS. But FTPS uses Plesk panel certificate and cause security error on FTP clients.
Is is possible to provides domain's own certificate for FTPS? or is it possible to configure custom certificate for FTPS?
thanks.

Hi.
I have Plesk 17.0.17 on my Linux Centos 7.5 server and I have configured some domains on it.
For one of this domains I am trying to use FTPS. But FTPS uses Plesk panel certificate and cause security error on FTP clients.
Is is possible to provides domain's own certificate for FTPS? or is it possible to configure custom certificate for FTPS?
thanks.
If you are just wanting to use a different certificate than the one protecting Plesk panel, and don't mind that it covers all ftp connections to every domain, you can put code in a custom ProFTPd configuration file found here:
/etc/proftpd.d/my-custom-proftpd-settings.conf
Code:
<Global>
   <IfModule mod_tls.c>
       # use a self-signed or other cert for FTPS/SFTP while using letsencrypt to secure plesk
       TLSRSACertificateFile /etc/path/to/custom/certificate.pem
       TLSRSACertificateKeyFile /etc/path/to/custom/certificate.pem
   </IfModule>
</Global>
Remember to restart the service after placing this code: service xinetd restart

I created a self-signed cert for mine so Let's Encrypt could still cover the Plesk Panel, and my FTP cert for all my customers only has to be accepted once per domain, as it expires in 2047. ;-)

Back