• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Change Max Upload File Size to 512mb or even 1 gb for WordPress

David Borrink

Basic Pleskian
I have one WordPress site used to host media for use in other WordPress sites. I was able to edit my .user.ini with this....

PHP:
upload_max_filesize = 512M
post_max_size = 512M
memory_limit = 512M

And WordPress now states a max file size of 512M, but when I try a 484mb video I get a message: "Unexpected response from the server. The file may have been uploaded successfully. Check in the Media Library or reload the page." Well, nothing happened. Nothing uploaded. The video name is in a box like an upload window, but the progress bar doesn't start. So it's possibly stuck.

I went into the Websites and Domains area for this site and into the PHP settings. I matched all the above settings to the .user.ini file (I tried the PHP settings first and nothing worked, so that's why I'm in the .user.ini file as a next step, per a tutorial I'm reading).

This doesn't happen with small videos of 64mb, 30mb, 14mb. A 180mb, a 149mb, didn't work. So anything under 100 seems to be fine. Any thoughts?

Back